M416 / M101 / Cargo Box style expo bed ? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have any pictures of alternative expo style beds or cargo boxes that replace the factory bed ?

I am looking for ideas. I'd like to remove the bed and replace with something more purpose built for expo style wheeling, but still be able to run the Con, Dusy, etc.

Post up pics if you have them.

Adventure Trailers does these truck conversions. If that is what you are looking for?

truckconv.png

That is the idea, but I am looking for alternative ideas.

Seems the TacoChaser is the only truck built with this expo type bed in mind.

I am still building mine.
RECO0036.jpg
RECO0030-1.jpg
RECO0029.jpg
. I'm still working on the truck. I want to build a removable top. The bed came off of a golf course tractor (cost zero) the fenders are from STURDYBILT trailers. (cost $35 each)

campausa.com builds a sweet set up. I contacted them to get a price quote......... I don't think all of my organs and phalanges on the black market would not even come close to the base price 24K!!! Check out some of the expedition portal links I have seen a few truck set ups. Good Luck

That is VERY cool. i wanted to do a similar setup for my 87 mini. but i wanted to be able to drop mine off when i get to a campsite so i can wheel all day.

Adventure Trailers does these truck conversions. If that is what you are looking for?

truckconv.png

droping it would be cool but you would have NO weight in the back to work your suspension, at the same time though you wouldnt want a rock to land in the lap of your 3K$ bed either.

I have been doing research on M style trailers myself and love the idea of have cargo storage on a trailer that i can take to the trail head and drop off. That way your rig is still as capable as it can be ON the trails. But, if you wanted to build a M style cargo bed, you could always brace it up a bit and maybe do something like the body sliders i have seen done that way it can take some hits if needed. Kind of like this...

normal_2005_0205Image0005.JPG

I was thinking an M style bed with the fenders replaced with tube fenders like what Metaltech sells for the front fenders on a 40 series.

So something kinda like this?! :)
S1036165 (Medium).JPG

So something kinda like this?! :)

Hey Henry, very nice trailer.

Looks like it has a little Canadian blood in it.....

Sorry I did not get time to catch up with you while I was in Texas.

Rob

that seems weenie for a yota

The 70 series Land Cruiser, which is the most overbuilt Toyota line available, is going on almost a decade running the 5x150mm bolt pattern. It was introduced to accommodate *bigger* hubs, which wouldn't fit with the 6x5.5" traditional pattern. Nothing weenie about it.
lc76-2 (Medium).jpg

That is one sweet ride! I would pay a lot of money to get something like that here in the States.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom