M15000 & ARB Bullbar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody know if a Warn M15000 will fit in an non-commercial, winch capable, FJ80 Bullbar?

From the dimensions on the Warn site it looks to ber VERY slightly larger than the m12000, which I know fits but don't know how tightly.

M15000 (25.2"L x 8.5" D x 11" H, weight 136 lbs :eek: )
M12000 (24.37" L x 8.45" D x 11" H, weight 136 lbs :eek: )

:cheers:

I have no idea, but where in the land o' beaver are you? I'm over by southridge H.S. with the other green lifted 80 in town :D

It would fit if you put in enough spacers. I put in an XD9000 and had to add 2 (two) 3/8"spacer bars to make it clear the bumper on the motor side. With the spacers the motor cleared by less than 1/8". 21.87" long for the 9000.

calamaridog said:
I would not think the ARB is engineered to stay attached to your truck with a M15000...

I guess the point is moot right now, the "deal" I was eyeing is now gone. :doh:

Bearcat80 said:
I have no idea, but where in the land o' beaver are you? I'm over by southridge H.S. with the other green lifted 80 in town :D

I live over by the Nike Campus/Tualatin Valley Rec Center (NW 158th). Where is Southridge H.S.? I've heard of it but not sure where it is.

Let me know if you wanna wheel sometime. :cheers:

moot point or not, according to Junk, it would fit the ARB.

Looks like the 15 is about 7/8" longer (not a small amount) but it may fit.

LR_RESQ said:
Crazy... I'm in Lake Oswego. :cheers:

Sweet.

What's Icon Motorsports?

Yes, I'm hijacking my own thread. :rolleyes:

IIRC, someone from Slee said it would fit, but the ARB probably would be able to withstand the force.

Wouldn't that only apply if I was pulling near the Max, ie 15000 lbs? I was looking at it more for the "overbuild" not because I really wanted to winch that much. There WAS one locally for $600 that got me thinkin, but it's gone now so. . . :crybaby:

Get yourself a 12,000 lb milemarker electric. They are inexpensive too. Then beef up the mounting system for the ARB. Failure of the actual bumper is doubtful but failure of the mounting is likely if you don't beef it up.

Not positive how it mounts to the frame but I've seen the ARB separate from the front of a Tacoma with a 9500 lb winch:doh:

have you looked at the arb frame mount? i doubt it is anywhere near its engineering limit at 15,000lbs

IIRC ARB published their 3 way shear loading ratings to be guaranteed for 10,000 lbs.

wow, that is surprising. i stand corrected

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom