M101A1 new to me (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well, I don't know where you guys see all those $600 101s but it ain't around here...
I see asking prices usually well above $1000. Even seen tarps only for $500.
The 105s do usually go for much less cuz they are too big for anything but a deuce.

Lol 200 as of now...

True, but it's not going to top $1800. $600 x 3. I'm betting under $500 for all. Let's watch it. Less than 2 days left.

scrapdaddy said:
Land Shark,

What are you needing? The dia. of the ubolt material or the length of them, dia of axle, etc.

I can crawl under mine, in the field, but just want to do it once. :)

I was needing the actual ID width, length, and diameter of the bolt. I just got that info and had a local place custom make mine. I am out of town and did not have access to my trailer. Thanks for your offer!

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

e9999 said:
well, I don't know where you guys see all those $600 101s but it ain't around here...
I see asking prices usually well above $1000. Even seen tarps only for $500.
The 105s do usually go for much less cuz they are too big for anything but a deuce.

When i as in the market for one i found atleast 6-8 of them that were priced from 500-800 or so. That was almost 2 years ago.

Land Shark said:
When i was in the market for one i found atleast 6-8 of them that were priced from 500-800 or so. That was almost 2 years ago.

What they sell for depends heavily on location. They are not readily available here.

Well, the three M101's sold for $600, combined. With tax, title, etc. still well under $300 a piece, I would think.

It's just one example, that if you check your area, you can pick up a deal.

Yeah, some might not have a canvas top, but they can be found with patience.

Good hunting!

What they sell for depends heavily on location. They are not readily available here.

I was just watching a bunch of 5-tons on GovLiq. Ones locally went for about $6K each. Others out in Ohio and the midwest were going for $1.5K to $2K.

Technical Manual for
Trailer, Cargo: M101A1, M101A2, M101A3
Trailer, Chassis: M116A1, M116A2, M116A2E1, M116A3

I found this on the nets somewhere, but can't remember where. If you want the larger PDF with linked table of contents, and cross referenced links embedded, PM me your email addy. The file is too big for MUD attachments.

I stuck it up on my Google Docs for public view, but the links are missing from that version.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxC-nZ4_rLSoS0ZzUXFHRkF6TWc/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for posting this May come in handy

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Yes, Yes I know this is now 10 years old :oops: but wanted to pick it back up. I have missed MUD ;):p:p. Anyway...

The trailer has been on many adventures/Camping trips and gone through several small upgrades/Changes. Finally had to put new tires on her seeing that the original(used) tires (picked up from a MUD member) I put on her started seeing some cracks in between the tread. Added actual homemade built drawers with proper dividers. Modified the original bows seeing that they were too "saggy" to support the tarp. Painted it Camo tan (Rattle Can). Made some travel covers for it for when its in "stow/travel" mode. Cut out bed platform for water can storage. Cut out storage areas under sleep platform. Will include some pictures later for all of these.

Propane mount and pipe propane from front to back is on the short list of things to do. Spring cleaning is in the next couple of weeks. Got a trip planned for end of March

Future items I am considering:

RTT
New shocks (still has the original 1968's on her)

A look from the rear
Rear look.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom