M1 ATF into engine? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have this "friend" ;) who accidentally poured about 1 measuring cup of M1 ATF into his engine before realizing it wasn't 15w-50. It was 5am and he wasn't quite awake yet. This "friend" ;) is kinda anal, so he chased it with some oil and drained and refilled. Would the ATF have done any damage if he would have left it in? :confused:

wd

I've heard stories about people deliberately puting ATF in the oil to act as a cleaning agent...

Have no information on wether this works or not.

Tell you "friend" he will be just fine. ATF is basically 10 weight oil with a few detergents and die to identify it. There was no harm to the engine.

No worry, I use ATF to clean my engine too :grinpimp:

I had way more that than in the shortbus when I blew the seal between the power steering pump and motor. All the fluid from the powersteering system went into the engine, plus another quart that I added to get off the trail. Engine still running strong today.

sleeoffroad said:
I had way more that than in the shortbus when I blew the seal between the power steering pump and motor. All the fluid from the powersteering system went into the engine, plus another quart that I added to get off the trail. Engine still running strong today.

Oops, there's another hundred bucks off the price for reffug!!! Come on buddy, you gotta let Christo earn something off shortbus, hurry up and buy it before the price goes so low that I buy it first!!!! Mwahahahahaha!!! :flipoff2: :D :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom