M&G 2020 cabins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looks like my wife will join me for the meet & greet.

She does not camp. What would be a good time to reserve a cabin at Windrock Campground? There are plenty available now but would like to wait a bit to make sure she is able to make the trip.

Thanks

Looks like my wife will join me for the meet & greet.

She does not camp. What would be a good time to reserve a cabin at Windrock Campground? There are plenty available now but would like to wait a bit to make sure she is able to make the trip.

Thanks

Joe,
The hotels in Oak Ridge are reasonably close. My bride does not camp either, but she also keeps a close grip on the money. Unless the kids, grandkids and son-in-law are joining us; the hotels have always been the absolute best value for Carolyn. Good luck.

@jmylie ..... As mentioned above, if you're considering a cabin, book now (several already have). A group of us will also be staying at a Comfort Inn in Oakridge. If you need any additional info. shoot me a p.m.

Last edited:
Interesting, there is an Oakridge TN and a Oak Ridge TN. The Comfort Inn seems to be the less expensive solution as we plan on staying in the area for a few days beyond the Meet & Greet.

Thank you all for the information.

Interesting, there is an Oakridge TN and a Oak Ridge TN. The Comfort Inn seems to be the less expensive solution as we plan on staying in the area for a few days beyond the Meet & Greet.

Mention that you are visiting Windrock and the Comfort Inn will offer a discount. (at least they have in the past)

Mention that you are visiting Windrock and the Comfort Inn will offer a discount. (at least they have in the past)

I have found that calling the hotels in Oak Ridge directly and asking if the offer discounts has yielded positive results every time.

Minor points ... The breakfast at Holiday Inn Express is immensely better tasting than what the Comfort Inn offers, plus the Comfort Inn failed Carolyn's housekeeping inspection which takes out of consideration when she attends. Additionally, my bride's favorite hotel in Oak Ridge has been the Double Tree, but she may opt for the Holiday Inn Express for the week of GSMTR because we will probably have multiple rooms for the week with complementary breakfasts for the whole tribe.

I have found that calling the hotels in Oak Ridge directly and asking if the offer discounts has yielded positive results every time.

Minor points ... The breakfast at Holiday Inn Express is immensely better tasting than what the Comfort Inn offers, plus the Comfort Inn failed Carolyn's housekeeping inspection which takes out of consideration when she attends. Additionally, my bride's favorite hotel in Oak Ridge has been the Double Tree, but she may opt for the Holiday Inn Express for the week of GSMTR because we will probably have multiple rooms for the week with complementary breakfasts for the whole tribe.
To be clear, I'm not promoting one hotel over any other. In the past I've chosen the Comfort Inn for two primary reasons. One being that's it's a 3 minute walk to a WalMart and the Outback Restaurant (where the group has historically met for dinner on Thursday night) is literally across the street.

@LDowney ...... On a side note your P.M. inbox appears to be full.

Last edited:
I have conversations going back to 2010. I do not see anyway to delete old conversations, only to lock them.

Is there a way?

Thanks

To be clear, I'm not promoting one hotel over any other. In the past I've chosen the Comfort Inn for two primary reasons. One being that's it's a 3 minute walk to a WalMart and the Outback Restaurant (where the group has historically met for dinner on Thursday night) is literally across the street.

@LDowney ...... On a side note your P.M. inbox appears to be full.
I have conversations going back to 2010. I do not see anyway to delete old conversations, only to lock them.

Is there a way?

Thanks

lol (at myself) I have the knack step into and make a mess

Charles,
I knew that you were not promoting. If I indicated otherwise, please accept my apology for poor word-smithing.

Joe mentioned that his bride would be attending with him. Due to this, I made the brash projection that his bride was similar to mine so I was sharing key lessons learned in making my bride happy/content while in Oak Ridge.

Regarding my mail box, I know it is full. It is my understanding from Woody that a bug is being fixed that will allow me to clear out messages. Until then, I am an official outcast with a full mail box.

lol (at myself) I have the knack step into and make a mess

Charles,
I knew that you were not promoting. If I indicated otherwise, please accept my apology for poor word-smithing.

Joe mentioned that his bride would be attending with him. Due to this, I made the brash projection that his bride was similar to mine so I was sharing key lessons learned in making my bride happy/content while in Oak Ridge.

Regarding my mail box, I know it is full. It is my understanding from Woody that a bug is being fixed that will allow me to clear out messages. Until then, I am an official outcast with a full mail box.
Certainly no apology required on my behalf. I'm just glad to see folks step forward with usable information about the Windrock / Oak Ridge area. I hope the event grows to the point where we actually need multiple hotels at some point. :)

Woody sent me an email, check the PM's and "leave conversation" and that will delete old pm's.

Woody sent me an email, check the PM's and "leave conversation" and that will delete old pm's.

Already done and it does not work; hence why he mentioned getting the bug fixed.

Weird, it worked for me. Got rid of 2 pages of old pm's. Kept 2019 and later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom