m-416 traier mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
: I have a FJ 62 and M 416trailer I am thinking abouts some mods to the trailer to improve handling,
(longer tongue), axle flip( more tire space) new or redrill hubs to LC pattern, and security, locking top.
Has any one got info and/or experience with these things? Thanks for the input. Thanks for the time JL :beer:

Here is a link to a page a guy made about some of the basic things he did to restore his trailer.

http://www.cs.odu.edu/~glaves/chris/trailer/trailer.html

New Life Resource Management
Main, Bakersfield, VT 05441B
(802) 827-6124

cover.jpg

These guys covers are nice. I picked up a black one for my trailer (not pictured). It's a perfect fit, very reasonably priced and nice quality.

As for mods, I have seen some that are sprung over with axle swaps to accept the same lug pattern as your cruiser. Would be a nice mod but a little spendy in my opinion. A spare tire is cheaper.

If Henry comes on here and reads this thread, he has done a few things to his trailer. Really nice hard cover/camper, gas can carriers, tool box, extended tongue...I'll look for some more links and post them up if I can find them.

Scott

I have been working on my 1949 David Bradley trailer. Orginally sold thru Sears Roebuck Catalog farm implements. It has my orginal 1978 fj40 Dunlap SnowCruiser 78's. It uses front drum brake hubs and spindles. (found a use for all those converted disk brake throw away parts) Color matched to my 78. Best semi gloss latex I could find. With a tilt bed that pivets on the axle.

As far lift goes, i would say get a new set of rancho springs and longer shackles to get a couple of inches out of it. The springs are the same as springs from the early flat fender jeeps.

If you can track down an old LC axle, I would think that that would be the best way to go to bolt up your wheels, plus the added bonus of usable spare parts on your trailer, i.e. axle shafts, 3rd member, etc. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom