Lynx Gulch day run and things I learned (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know that about the post, just seeing if people's minds change when they voted for lockers and then get put in a situation where they are on a trail that is tight, lockers are just causing tires to spin, ect...

thanks for the reply.

i did finally put a aussie in the rear of my truck, but the winch was first. I can now wheel in remote places and feel much more secure about it. IMHO.

Well I DID free myself just using the Hi-Lift.

There were no trees to use, just brush. If I had a winch on my truck then the whole topic would be moot because to be honest I would have been pulled out in the time it takes to spool the winch. All I would have to do it tie onto the trailer hitch or tow hooks from the 470 and just winched myself out.

If I had my choice in order:
• Lockers first to just drive out
• Winch to pull out if lockers failed
• Hi-Lift being as I suck and don't have the 1st two

What's wrong with the Hi-Lift? Is that why you carry it for? IMO, you just proved yourself that you didn't need the 1st two. :clap

I know that about the post, just seeing if people's minds change when they voted for lockers and then get put in a situation where they are on a trail that is tight, lockers are just causing tires to spin, ect...

thanks for the reply.

i did finally put a aussie in the rear of my truck, but the winch was first. I can now wheel in remote places and feel much more secure about it. IMHO.

Personally that argument to me is the same as what OBA solution to use. For me, I prefer redundancy which is why I have CO2, I have a bad ass tire repair kit on order and EVENTUALLY my f'ing YORK crap will get here so that I will have that too. So for me... I WILL have lockers and I WILL have a winch. Each has their uses but you are FAR better off if you have both.

Yeah sometimes it's tough on trails with different off shoots. Last month I was with some buddies and we came up on two closed gates and then we found a third trail and after we were up on the mountain we looked down and realized that there was one of the closed gates. So we headed down and out a fourth trail... What are you going to do?

What's wrong with the Hi-Lift? Is that why you carry it for? IMO, you just proved yourself that you didn't need the 1st two. :clap

Oh NOTHING wrong with the Hi-Lift at all. just saying that under THIS particular situation I would have used the Hi-Lift last HAD I had the other two options. I knew the Hi-Lift would get me out, I just didn't want to have to put forth all the effort :flipoff2:

Yeah sometimes it's tough on trails with different off shoots. Last month I was with some buddies and we came up on two closed gates and then we found a third trail and after we were up on the mountain we looked down and realized that there was one of the closed gates. So we headed down and out a fourth trail... What are you going to do?

SHHHHHHH!!!!

Dude thats thread suicide!!!!!!

Now you did it.:meh:

What a bunch of Pigs we are!

All those great wheeling pics and the one of your wife (I assume) has been viewed roughly 3 times more than all the rest:D. I admit, I'm guilty too.

Great pics.

I looked through the pictures and the most often viewed are of the wifey. That seems a little odd for an 80's forum. :grinpimp:

Buck

x2 on what Buck said.

Hot wife. Any sisters?

:lol:

PS: Get rid of the CAPITAL LETTER WORDS. It's annoying to read and just write like a regular human being. Not everything needs an exclamation point or a capitalization to get across the "intensity" of the situation.

What a bunch of Pigs we are!

All those great wheeling pics and the one of your wife (I assume) has been viewed roughly 3 times more than all the rest:D. I admit, I'm guilty too.

Great pics.

x2 on what Buck said.

Hot wife. Any sisters?

You guys are crack ups. The wife and I have been together 17 YEARS NOW!!!! :grinpimp:

She is 31, you do the math. She is 6'2" in heels :eek:

And yes a sister...you are better off thinking my wife is an only child, trust me :rolleyes:

x2 on what Buck said.

Hot wife. Any sisters?

You do realize you would have to move the tcase and muffler so she would have a place to sit?

Buck

PS: Get rid of the CAPITAL LETTER WORDS. It's annoying to read and just write like a regular human being. Not everything needs an exclamation point or a capitalization to get across the "intensity" of the situation.

I CAN'T!!!!!

I don't have a Ph.D, Masters or Bachelors in English soooo.... :flipoff2:

I was just looking at my pics of Death Valley and Saline. Shoot if we followed all the ROAD CLOSED signs we would NEVER be allowed into Death Valley. :flipoff2:

Start the flaming again :popcorn:

this is a very similar circumstance that i was in a few years ago on an OPEN trail/road where i got stuck. I started a winch vs. locker thread and everyone kept saying lockers, lockers, lockers. Well, winch wins. If you would have had a winch could you have gotten unstuck?

Man, I learn something new every time I wheel in the snow... Most of the time it's a frusterating situation! I'm finally getting to the point where I enjoy the chalenge of it... And know when to say "I'm done!"

"One thing I would recommend is getting a full size shovel as well as your folding one. It makes it a lot easier to dig an 80 out of snow! I've played that game a lot... :doh:[/QUOTE]"

GOOD STUFF !
ken

Interesting post. Hasthe 470 locked? You widened my view about the 470. :cheers:

I was running the CDL locked, and A-Trac kicked in quite a few times on the front axle.

Rr axle is open and free...

"One thing I would recommend is getting a full size shovel as well as your folding one. It makes it a lot easier to dig an 80 out of snow! I've played that game a lot... :doh:

Yeah I was just going to run over to Lowes and pick up a decent fiberglass handle shovel and axe to keep with the truck as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom