LX570 Trashed Running Board - Part #'s or replacement ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All -

The wife had an encounter with a brick retaining wall in a parking lot and this is the result. I looked at the toyota / lexus parts sites and the schematics are super confusing in terms of what I need to replace / fix the damage. There seems to be a metal board that is wrapped in ABS but can't figure out what those part numbers are. Also, in searching, it looks like these are available out of hong kong already painted and reasonably priced - anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Untitled by Jeff Nada, on Flickr

I don't have any experience with those, but you might as well get in line for some Slee sliders and cut off the damaged part. I certainly wouldn't spend $500 and any effort fitting an unknown quantity just to still have a plastic thing hanging off the bottom of the truck.

Yup. Perfect excuse to get slider steps. And you have the high ground in the argument. Always a good place to be in a marriage.

And this will be the start of the 100’s of mods you will end up doing to you car.

Frankly, I’d be leery of any outfit promising 5-7 day shipping out of Taiwan right now. Add in their handling time and I’d be very surprised if you got the ones on EBay by the first week of December. Probably worth checking on real sliders availability.

You just hit the wife lottery buddy. Congrats.

Thanks folks - trying to stay stock... got two other LC's that get the modding. This is just a grocery getter.

Thanks folks - trying to stay stock... got two other LC's that get the modding. This is just a grocery getter.

Well i guess someone else in a black stock LX just hit the lottery and will sell them to you.

Your best bet is to find a MUD member who is about to install sliders and swap with them. I wouldn't put too much faith in the quality and fitment of some of these aftermarket options. But there are tons of folks switching to sliders and that involves either cutting the LX panels or going with LC panels. Either way, you could do a straight swap. Maybe reach out to Slee or Dissent to see if either have an LX coming in the shop for slider replacement.

Will do and will post a wanted add in classifieds as well - thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom