LX570 Suspension Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unable to maintain pressure could be a pump, or a leak in a line.
Any fluid on the ground? Particularly at the rear crossmember from reservoir to the frame solenoid.

No. I haven't spilled anything.
No; it hasn't so far. But just this evening for the first time when I did stop it lowered. Again when in Comfort setting. And again went back up when I reached 8mph.

One item of note is that I have been parking on my driveway at about 20degree angle rig facing forward drooped because my driveway has a slope and level. Would this have played any role?
Sounds like it’s possibly the switch. If you had Techstream it would show you current state of the switch. You could see if it thinks it’s being pushed to lower. The speed sensor will always over ride whatever is going on with the switch is why it goes up once you start moving and doesn’t go down until you come to a stop. Maybe it’s not constantly engaged towards low but sporadically is self triggering.

I parked the rig last night in Normal suspension mode. This morning started up no issues.
After 15mins of driving i switched to Comfort mode. All good. Then tried raising and lowering the suspension. All good. It worked. So, so far it seems that whatever was going on is now resolved.

I am due for oil change and will have my mechanic check everything.

Last question: I am 143k. And thinking about installing coil spacers all round just for piece of mind to destress the AHC. I replaced the control module due to corrosion; so I am weary of potential worn out lines. Should I also change the globes while I am at it (front shocks will require to disconnect AHC line). And do I replace 4 or 5 globes?

Thanks again.

I parked the rig last night in Normal suspension mode. This morning started up no issues.
After 15mins of driving i switched to Comfort mode. All good. Then tried raising and lowering the suspension. All good. It worked. So, so far it seems that whatever was going on is now resolved.

I am due for oil change and will have my mechanic check everything.

Last question: I am 143k. And thinking about installing coil spacers all round just for piece of mind to destress the AHC. I replaced the control module due to corrosion; so I am weary of potential worn out lines. Should I also change the globes while I am at it (front shocks will require to disconnect AHC line). And do I replace 4 or 5 globes?

Thanks again.

There are only 4 globes that are wear items. There are plenty of threads on getting replacements direct from Japan rather than obscene North America Lexus dealer prices. I wouldn't be too worried about "worn out lines", only rusty lines. I don't think you have a leak/pump issue if you can lift and you aren't losing pressure when vehicle is parked. I'll also be surprised if your oil change mechanic has any idea what he's looking at as it pertains to AHC, but maybe. I guess if he's the guy who changed out your center module, then he probably knows more than most.

I think globes and OEM springs would be the ultimate refresh, but packers may be just as effective to help the springs. I don't know if anyone has done much research on spring fatigue for the AHC models. On one hand, the hydraulic system is doing most of the work, so less wear on the springs, but the springs are thinner, so probably doesn't take as much wear to get fatigue. So it may all wash out in the end.

Thank you for the detailed insights @lx200inAR .
I have read a lot about TechStream on this forum. Can you guide on where purchase this? I'm having a hard time locating this.

Today's update: Now the rig is pushing to H setting when Comfort suspension mode, upon start up and stop. It only happens upon start-up and when stops when the engine is cold. Weird. It stops when set it to N and then back to Comfort.

I have seen many merchants on eBay I can very readily purchase from. Also set of springs, and packers.
Yes - my mechanic is the one that replaced my AHC control and re-bled the system. I trust him.

Thank you for the detailed insights @lx200inAR .
I have read a lot about TechStream on this forum. Can you guide on where purchase this? I'm having a hard time locating this.

Today's update: Now the rig is pushing to H setting when Comfort suspension mode, upon start up and stop. It only happens upon start-up and when stops when the engine is cold. Weird. It stops when set it to N and then back to Comfort.

I have seen many merchants on eBay I can very readily purchase from. Also set of springs, and packers.
Yes - my mechanic is the one that replaced my AHC control and re-bled the system. I trust him.
The easy button for Techstream is to get a VXDiag VCX Nano.

I think I'm not understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that when you change the AVS setting (comfort/normal/sport) that your height changes as well? If so then that points even more at the switch. AVS (comfort/normal/sport) and AHC (L/N/H) should be independent of each other as far as control is concerned. The four switches in the console (including AVS and AHC) are all one module, so I could see having issues with multiple buttons if that thing was going haywire.

The easy button for Techstream is to get a VXDiag VCX Nano.

I think I'm not understanding what you are saying. Are you saying that when you change the AVS setting (comfort/normal/sport) that your height changes as well? If so then that points even more at the switch. AVS (comfort/normal/sport) and AHC (L/N/H) should be independent of each other as far as control is concerned. The four switches in the console (including AVS and AHC) are all one module, so I could see having issues with multiple buttons if that thing was going haywire.
Are you saying that when you change the AVS setting (comfort/normal/sport) that your height changes as well? If so then that points even more at the switch.
Thank you. That is exactly what I am seeing. The AVS comfort is raising and lowering suspension height upon start up and stop when engine is cold. I am hoping it's cycling (meaning it'll sort itself out - I've read about similar occurences with the 4Lo setting).
Thank you for the Techstream.
Can I contact you offline? For Techstream questions - once I set it up?

Update: the AVS has sorted itself out. All is working fine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom