LX570 Rear Tube Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need a lightweight tube rear bumper/slider for my 14 LX570 like shown on the pic below.
I had a full set of F&R metal bumpers before, and honestly, it was overkill for my light to moderate off-road usage.

My main goal is to minimize the weight and have some sort of rear bumper protection for our upcoming Moab off-roading.
Don't need a swing out either... been there done that.
I found a local welder, and he's going to fabricate the tube bumper for me.

My main concern is the AHC reservoir & its system located on the passenger side of rear bumper.
Will it interfere w/ AHC components during the installation or welding?

With LX570, how do you mount the rear bumper to the passenger side of frame without blocking or interference of AHC system?
Is there any way you could securely bolt on rear Tube Bumper without possible welding?
Also, what size of tube should I use for this type of application?

Anyone with any experience or idea, please share it.

**Picture borrowed from a fellow Mud Member**
2 (3).jpeg

**Picture borrowed from a fellow Mud Member**
2 (2).jpeg

There are at least 3 rear bumpers being made for the LX. Slee, Dissemt and RLC for sure. There are long threads for the installs of at least the RLC and Dissent. All three have custom brackets to work around the AHC pump. Might thumb through those threads to get some ideas for your fabricator. None of those 3 options are welded on.

There are at least 3 rear bumpers being made for the LX. Slee, Dissemt and RLC for sure. There are long threads for the installs of at least the RLC and Dissent. All three have custom brackets to work around the AHC pump. Might thumb through those threads to get some ideas for your fabricator. None of those 3 options are welded on.
Thanks for the heads up.
Will research more…

Last edited:
The AHC pump sits in a cradle and is suspended in place with rubber bushings. The cradle bolts to the frame with some 14mm bolts. On the dissent bumper, Ben just supplies a new cradle and the wings bolt to it. The Slee bumper is essentially same concept just different design.

If you were to follow their lead, your fabricator would need to make a new bracket ti cradle the pump.

As far as bolting on, you’d just need to tie in under the frame as well to prevent too much upward deflection. Or have some substantial gusseting at the mounts.

There is space to weld ahead of the ahc bracket on the frame. Or you could look at a couple bolts in new hole and a custom bracket, or a couple of rivnuts and a a custom bracket.

The rlc has been adapted, but the bracket supplied is not strictly ahc compatible.

tbisaacs - It seems like it's not easy as it looks when it comes to mounting and relocating the AHC pump. :(

grinchy - I might have to remove the rear bumper to examine further...

Does anyone have exposed rear view with location of AHC pump and frame? searched the net but couldn't find one especially with AHC pump.

tbisaacs - It seems like it's not easy as it looks when it comes to mounting and relocating the AHC pump. :(

grinchy - I might have to remove the rear bumper to examine further...

Does anyone have exposed rear view with location of AHC pump and frame? searched the net but couldn't find one especially with AHC pump.

This pic shows it from below, you can see where the bracket goes on the frame:

First time poster, but this thread has been a huge wealth of knowledge. Thank you to those who have contributed! I just purchased a new to me 2015 LX570 last week and wanted to catch up on some possible missed maintenance items, and the AHC flush is one of them. I also wanted to check the health of the accumulators and had only seen the health check referenced very briefly.

Digging into the repair manual and I found this easy check, similar to the LX470 check. As it turns out, the LX570 does have graduation marks on both the front and back of the reservoir tank. In order to see the marks on the front of the tank, you have to crawl under the truck as shown below. You can also take of the rear trim pieces to view the graduation marks on the back of the tank. It should go without say, but don't be laying under the truck while it's in the process of changing heights.

View attachment 2997024

Here's a wide angle shot to provide some perspective.
View attachment 2997026

Enhance....
View attachment 2997027

Enhance...
View attachment 2997030

My driveway is on an incline and the the truck is not level, however, I do appear to get 8+ marks between low and high.

Low:
View attachment 2997031

High:
View attachment 2997030

And this one shows the front-most bolts attaching it to the frame:

Hi. Pulled the guards off to see where my pump or lines were leaking, and it is coming out the bottom left front side of pump. Anybody have a photo of a pump taken off a vehicle. I have been going through the threads and video, but not seen anything yet.

Any idea why or how it could be leaking here?

Is there only one hydraulic line coming off of the pump, or two?

It almost seems like the hole in the bottom could be for a second hydraulic line, possibly to the left side (USA drivers)?

Any help, diagram, or photos of pump bottom appreciated. Still at stage of trying to decide whether to try and save AHS or drop in a new Bilstein conventional suspension.

Thanks.

View attachment 2977911

View attachment 2977912

View attachment 2977914

View attachment 2977922View attachment 2977936

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom