LX570 - details of the heat cooling/heating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Gents,

Long time Toyota owner that recently acquired a beautiful 2008 LX570. It's a beautiful vehicle and I can already feel my wallet getting lighter thanks to some of your builds.

I have noticed one oddity. When I have the seat cooling function on, the passenger seat cools at the base of the seat, but the back rest portion actually feels like it is on the heat setting? It's not that it isn't cool, it feels like it is heating up.

Does anyone have the TSM pages for the seat heating/cooling functions? Also, has anyone experienced this issue?

Thanks,
Adam

Sounds like an electrical issue. I'd check for any trouble codes.

i.e.

B14F0 - Cushion peltier temperature sensor malfunction.

B14F1 - Seatback peltier temperature sensor malfunction.

B14F2 - Seat heater temperature sensor malfunction.

B14F3 - Overcurrent detected in the cushion peltier.

B14F4 - Overcurrent detected in seatback peltier.

B14F5 - Overcurrent detected in the seat heater.

location of parts and diagnostic manual...

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 1.52.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 1.52.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-07-23 at 1.53.12 PM.png

Attachments

• ClimateControlSystemdoesnotOperateonPassengerSide.pdf
    551.8 KB · Views: 439
So just to be clear, the seats are only vented NOT cooled using AC? It's just a fan blowing some air under there? Wondering if I should feel guilty running seat coolers with the windows down.

Yup

So just to be clear, the seats are only vented NOT cooled using AC? It's just a fan blowing some air under there? Wondering if I should feel guilty running seat coolers with the windows down.

@John E Davies posted this a while ago. The video within his post shows the inlet for the air on the ventilated seats and does a nice job of describing the operation of the seat.

Last edited:
@John E Davies posted this a while ago. The video within his post shows the inlet for the air on the ventilated seats and does a nice job of describing the operation of the seat.

I meant to reply to a different thread. I need to learn how to delete my posts.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but at least the 2008-2011 LX570 seats use a Peltier cooler. The cooler/heater works by running current one way through the element to cool and the opposite way to heat. The A/C system is not used to cool the seats.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but at least the 2008-2011 LX570 seats use a Peltier cooler. The cooler/heater works by running current one way through the element to cool and the opposite way to heat. The A/C system is not used to cool the seats.

That is true. I'm not sure if this has changed in later years

1645118691543.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom