LX570 bolt on sliders by Metal-tech 4x4 - available now! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Water, mud, and sketchy (photo taken on cliff edge) test passed by the sliders. I hit a log too, no picture of log, slider still on truck.

As always the super sketchy no one outside to take a pic because all inside praying. Slider no help with that.

IMG_3995.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

Last edited:
We have 4 sets available in stock!

Do we know for certain if these will work with the LC rocker trim? I’d rather replace the vs cut my running boards.

The LC trim curves down a few inches at the front fender, not sure from the pics if the slider hangs low enough to clear that.

Just curious, why don't you want to trim the running boards? Thinking you might put them back on later? Although that would be possible, I'll tell you that it is not something you will do lightly based on my experience. In other words, it's not something you'll be doing just for that weekend ride and then putting the running boards back on later when you get back to civilization.

That being said, I cannot confirm with 100% certainty because I didn't go that route based on the approximate $700 sticker price but I'm pretty confident that the TLC rockers will work.

BTW, here's a picture of where I cut my boards. It's really pretty simple and you only need to cut the front and back. From 18" away you can see little jagged bits from the cut but I'd be willing to bet that 99/100 people wouldn't notice unless they are told to look closely.

1608137940288.png

1608138026241.png

Just curious, why don't you want to trim the running boards? Thinking you might put them back on later? Although that would be possible, I'll tell you that it is not something you will do lightly based on my experience. In other words, it's not something you'll be doing just for that weekend ride and then putting the running boards back on later when you get back to civilization.

That being said, I cannot confirm with 100% certainty because I didn't go that route based on the approximate $700 sticker price but I'm pretty confident that the TLC rockers will work.

BTW, here's a picture of where I cut my boards. It's really pretty simple and you only need to cut the front and back. From 18" away you can see little jagged bits from the cut but I'd be willing to bet that 99/100 people wouldn't notice unless they are told to look closely.

View attachment 2526199

View attachment 2526204
So shiny! Mine are perpetually muddy . . . I forgot how nice they look.

So shiny! Mine are perpetually muddy . . . I forgot how nice they look.

Well, that was immediately after installing them.

I'm hoping to go out and scratch them up in a few weeks. Will take some pictures of them all muddy for you. :)

The above pictures sure make it look like they won’t fit with LC rockers. I have MTs sliders on my cruiser and the 45 bevel on the end is the other direction.. the LC rockers are shaped such that they had to bevel the end that way to keep things tight and make them fit. The LX sliders above won’t work.

I can post some pictures of my LC from the same perspective tomorrow morning if they will help.

Do we know for certain if these will work with the LC rocker trim? I’d rather replace the vs cut my running boards.

The LC trim curves down a few inches at the front fender, not sure from the pics if the slider hangs low enough to clear that.

LC rockers do NOT cleanly fit with MT sliders. Had to cut them so they clear the slider. Wish I could undo that purchase :bang:.

6EF15B4E-0C89-413A-B617-A146DDE0710C.jpeg

LC rockers do NOT cleanly fit with MT sliders. Had to cut them so they clear the slider. Wish I could undo that purchase :bang:.

View attachment 2526959

Bingo! This is exactly what I feared. The MT website states they fit with the 200 rockers so they definitely should update that. If only they had the same length/curve at the end as the LC sliders than these would be perfect!

Bingo! This is exactly what I feared. The MT website states they fit with the 200 rockers so they definitely should update that. If only they had the same length/curve at the end as the LC sliders than these would be perfect!

But, there are plenty of options for LC sliders...why focus only on MT? Even MT themselves make LC specific sliders!

But, there are plenty of options for LC sliders...why focus only on MT? Even MT themselves make LC specific sliders!

Because I have an LX570 (and have removed the side steps and installed LC rocker panels). Only 2 companies make LX570 sliders to accommodate the AHC.

Because I have an LX570 (and have removed the side steps and installed LC rocker panels). Only 2 companies make LX570 sliders to accommodate the AHC.
Yep. There WAS only one (Slee) until MT introduced theirs in June.

View attachment 2526959

Sorry to hear. That's too bad they don't fit LC rockers. Seems like with a small design tweak, there could be that compatibility. Instead of the leading edge being cut as it is like /, they could cut it like >.

If what they're advertising is true with it being one of the most robust designs on the market, independent of LC/LX, with it's large frame plate and boxed in architecture, I could see LCs seeking this slider too. Perhaps too many frame bolting differences where the LC doesn't have built in blind nuts?

If what they're advertising is true with it being one of the most robust designs on the market, independent of LC/LX, with it's large frame plate and boxed in architecture, I could see LCs seeking this slider too. Perhaps too many frame bolting differences where the LC doesn't have built in blind nuts?

I agree. When I first saw their pics, my immediate reaction was that it would be stronger (from a ‘what would happen if my rig came down on a huge rock right there’ standpoint). The large frame plate and boxed in feature really help.

I've only had these sliders on my LX570 (so can't compare to others), but there is definitely a 'stiffening' in the chassis post install. Noticeable on initial couple drives, then it becomes the new normal.

Wonder if, since Metal-tech is a fab shop, they could make a set slightly shorter to accommodate LC rockers on the LX because that's the route I'm taking.itd be semi-costom, but wouldn't take much to do. I'll inquire.

Slee is out of stock at the moment.

We do our own fab, but dont do custom fab. We build the sliders in sets of 10 then stock them to sell from inventory. Over the past few years most consumers dont wish to wait so we try to sell mostly from inventory.

Inventory!

IMG-1761-2.jpg

IMG-1784-3.jpg

We do our own fab, but dont do custom fab. We build the sliders in sets of 10 then stock them to sell from inventory. Over the past few years most consumers dont wish to wait so we try to sell mostly from inventory.

Inventory!

IMG-1761-2.jpg

IMG-1784-3.jpg

Thank you for that update. I appreciate it.

James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom