LX570 2013 , Brake lights dont work but tail lights are fine . (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi .
A few days ago, I went to the carshop to change the windshield tint. It had been several years since I had tinted the windshield for the first time, its adhesives were difficult to remove. They used a lot of water. They used a few pieces of towels on the dashboard, but it seems that some water had went into the dashboard. After finishing the work, on the way home, I noticed that the driver's seat heater light and the side light of the driver's door were on by themselves. I parked the car and turned it on again the next day to check that the lights were off but the VSC (slip indicator) light on the dash was on .Cruise control is disabled after activation. I went to a mechanic and he checked it with a diagnostic and found out that the car's brake lights do not work, while the tail lights turn on well. The fuses of the car were checked and they are all good. The car's brake switch was also good. What else could have caused this problem?
LX570 2013 .

Open the front doors and pull the plastic trim that covers the door sill area. Pretty easy to just pull up from the center then move out and unclip things. The rear end has a tab that snaps into the lower b-pillar trim, the trick is to kindof pull the inner edge toward the center of the vehicle. You'll be looking for water in the void space under this trim, especially in the front. There are harness connectors in each side that will get submerged in the water and can cause all kinds of problems.

If there is water vacuum it out and leave the sill plates off to really dry, and you should be good to go.

Garage the truck, open all windows, open the dash as above mentioned, open glove box, remove some of the easy removable covers and panels, put some space heaters with fans inside the truck safely anchored and run them on max heat for 24h.

I went to the garage today. I did all the things mentioned above, but the brake light still has a problem. We opened the connectors and cleaned them. What else could be the problem? All the fuses of the car were checked again.

I went to the garage today. I did all the things mentioned above, but the brake light still has a problem. We opened the connectors and cleaned them. What else could be the problem? All the fuses of the car were checked again.
Checked or tested? There is a difference and don't ask me how I know. Easy to be fooled. Suggest testing the socket or swapping out bulbs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom