LX470 trailer hitch? Where to buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally figured out how to upload pics. After I figured it out I kinda feel dumb that it was so easy.

IMG_0999.JPG

I am also looking for a high clearance setup to tow a small all terrain trailer.

Would this hitch work on a Land Cruiser? Specifically a 99? I understand the bumper cover is notched on the Lexus, but beyond that is the cross member the same?

Do you have to reach behind to install the hitch pin?

If anyone else has that integrated hitch and wants to sell it, pm me. I'm looking for one as well.

I am also looking for a high clearance setup to tow a small all terrain trailer.

Would this hitch work on a Land Cruiser? Specifically a 99? I understand the bumper cover is notched on the Lexus, but beyond that is the cross member the same?

Do you have to reach behind to install the hitch pin?
Yes you reach behind to insert the pin.

Got a bike carrier on it and because of its height its quite a hassle to roll even my XR250R on/off it would it be
possible to use a hitch drop extension?
PS: I am using the internam cross member hitch.
hitch4.JPG
710mxAxtQJL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Got a bike carrier on it and because of its height its quite a hassle to roll even my XR250R on/off it would it be
possible to use a hitch drop extension?
PS: I am using the internam cross member hitch.
View attachment 2055028View attachment 2055029

Yes you can use hitch drop extension, makes it easier to load as well..

but a better tip since you like riding dirtbikes:

try to obtain the utltimate mx hauler, makes loading and unloading so easy regardless of height because it has a jack to raise it up after an easy load. I love mine and used it on dirtbikes as well as dual sports:

I'll post separately, but in case anyone is searching and comes across this thread, I just added an aftermarket rear bumper to my '06 LX470 and removed the OEM towing hitch. I suspect the mounting points will be similar for a LandCruiser, but it also includes a beefy, protective bracket that surrounded the factory exhaust pipe - which may not line up with the pipe on a LandCruiser. If you're interested in purchasing & having it shipped from Austin TX, please PM me. Photo shows trailer hitch in upside down position, so when installed the pipe bracket will be on the right/passenger side. <Update: SOLD>
2006_LX470_Hitch - 1.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll post separately, but in case anyone is searching and comes across this thread, I just added an aftermarket rear bumper to my '06 LX470 and removed the OEM towing hitch. I suspect the mounting points will be similar for a LandCruiser, but it also includes a beefy, protective bracket that surrounded the factory exhaust pipe - which may not line up with the pipe on a LandCruiser. If you're interested in purchasing & having it shipped from Austin TX, please PM me. Photo shows trailer hitch in upside down position, so when installed the pipe bracket will be on the right/passenger side.
View attachment 2339893
PM sent

Rear cross member is the same between LX and LC, the only difference is the plastic bumpers. LC trucks in overseas markets have the through bumper hitches, usually with the pintel hitch’s.

I was able to purchase a hitch on ebay but through a Lexus Dealer. Note that the factory LX hitch that is the "insert" is a rounded tube and does not accept square receivers. My factory bolts stripped out and I had to add different hardware to attach the receiver. I've also been told by multiple towing places you can't use an equalizer hitch with these, because they are in the cross member a weight-distribution hitch can tweak the frame. If you need a weight-distribution hitch it's better to get the big hitch that actually attaches underneath the frame seen in Longhorn's Post #37. Same issue with 4-runner hitches integrated into the frame instead of bolted on underneath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom