LX470 tailgate panel option on eBay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

My 2005 LX470's rear license plate/reverse light plate has broken mounting tabs and I'm looking for options to repair/replace it. I stumbled across this on eBay, and it looks promising. New plates and upgraded LED reverse lights:

I know this is aftermarket items from China, but does anyone have first hand experience with it?

Funny, I was just futzing around with mine tonight. I have a Huracan tailgate storage lid I am installing and figured while I'm in there, see what's up with the license plate panel. Its been flapping around for a couple years. Turns out, all my mounting tabs but the center top and center bottom are broken, and the bottom plastic clip was actually broken too. Lucky the license plate bolts run through that thing so it can't just fly off.

So been searching on here for good ideas for repairs. Found a thread from a few years back where guys recommended double sided tape to just stick it on. I'm not super keen on doing that at this point... plus it's not exactly flat mating surfaces... the reverse lights chatter around like crazy. You'd have to really build up a few layers of tape to get them solid. And I have my doubts about how long it'd last anyway. Plus it seems white trashy to me. May as well just drill some holes thru it and bolt it on using some fender washers.

Anyway, been searching for used ones as well, but so far they all seem to have all the clips busted off too.

I may just grab one of these knock-offs and give it a try. I don't need the lights cause mine are still good...wonder if you can get it without the lights...

Last edited:
So were you the one that bought one of the two black ones yesterday?
Yessir. I went back to futzing with my original one again for a bit after I posted in here... and I was just not happy with trying to tape it on there and trying to glue a couple clips back on... so just said screw it, I'm trying one of those ebay ones.

Finally received the tailgate license plate panel. I would say it's prob not OEM quality, but if you've got a broken one and the $$ to spend, seems to look pretty decent, IMO. I'll get this installed within a week or so and post up again how that went.

20220316_121153.jpg
20220316_115409.jpg
20220316_121212.jpg
20220316_115204.jpg
20220316_115209.jpg

subscribed for same issue.

Not bad! Thanks for the pics @theferg , I can't wait to get the install report. Anxiously awaiting it as I want to pull the trigger ASAP.

Nice find, I have a black LX as well and the majority of the top tabs are broken as well. This is a good option

@theferg any updates on this? How did it turn out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom