LX470 Starting Troubles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 1998 LX470 has started to experience a reluctance to start.

Observations of the issue:
- Cranks over perfectly - it's not a battery issue.
- Once running it runs perfectly on both petrol and LPG. Leading me to believe it's not a spark issue (coils or otherwise) as LPG tends to show these issues more so than petrol and both are fine.
- Application of the accelerator during cranking allows it to start, be it a bit spluttery on first fire.
- Once started, idles and drives perfectly.
- Can drive it for 45min and then park it for 15min and the issues still there. IE the engine is still hot and doesn't want to start.
- And to further complicate things, sometimes it'll just start. Usually directly after it's managed to start. IE, once started I seem to be able to turn it on and off at my leisure.

The only thing I've tried at this stage is replacement of the fuel filter. Mainly because it sounded like the easiest compared to other ideas and I don't know it's age. Unfortunately, it seems to have not had any impact on the issue.

I've read these are prone to throttle position issues, but the car runs perfectly so I dunno.

just a WAG, seems like the preasure regulator thingy that keeps fuel preasure in the lines is either sticky or starting to fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom