LX470 Purchase Questions/ BUILD THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just a pic or two, already ordering a bunch of parts for it. Mostly will be maintenance parts though.

PXL_20220228_160231724.jpg
PXL_20220228_162207510.jpg

Guess I'll turn this into a build thread. Lots of tidbits bought as well as some big items. The steering did not feel right from the beginning and was part of my haggling in price. After sitting for little over a year it needed some other small items too. The most expensive item needed will be the AHC globes. I'm not getting good change in marks, so I will change those asap.

So digging into the front end today I found the culprit to the "loose" feeling wheel. Someone was charged $$$ for a rack but the oem bushings were still there. I also question if the rack was even changed as this one has less than 20k and is weeping. The rack was moving a ton....put poly bushings in it and it feels a ton better. Everything else looks pretty good and is tight.

OEM Radiator is also leaking some, so I'll do it and the t's at the same time

Parts bought:
Polyurethane steering rack bushings
New hood struts
Front/Read W/S wipers
Corner light LED's
New Battery
Bottom seat covers (cheap ones for now)
Charged A/C system (rear air has a line issue that will need to be addressed)
Rear chrome trim above plate
Ironman front bumper
ASFIR skid plate
Victory roof rack
New OEM windshield trim
Radiator
Heater T's
Parts to buy

Looking for an 18" set of oem wheels and will put ko2 tires on it
New non AHC springs
7" double din with rear camera
Window tint
Weathertech mats
AHC globes and fluid

Guess I'll turn this into a build thread. Lots of tidbits bought as well as some big items. The steering did not feel right from the beginning and was part of my haggling in price. After sitting for little over a year it needed some other small items too. The most expensive item needed will be the AHC globes. I'm not getting good change in marks, so I will change those asap.

So digging into the front end today I found the culprit to the "loose" feeling wheel. Someone was charged $$$ for a rack but the oem bushings were still there. I also question if the rack was even changed as this one has less than 20k and is weeping. The rack was moving a ton....put poly bushings in it and it feels a ton better. Everything else looks pretty good and is tight.

OEM Radiator is also leaking some, so I'll do it and the t's at the same time

Parts bought:
Polyurethane steering rack bushings
New hood struts
Front/Read W/S wipers
Corner light LED's
New Battery
Bottom seat covers (cheap ones for now)
Charged A/C system (rear air has a line issue that will need to be addressed)
Rear chrome trim above plate
Ironman front bumper
ASFIR skid plate
Victory roof rack
New OEM windshield trim
Radiator
Heater T's
Parts to buy

Looking for an 18" set of oem wheels and will put ko2 tires on it
New non AHC springs
7" double din with rear camera
Window tint
Weathertech mats
AHC globes and fluid

Attaboy- get on after it. You should have quite the enjoyable truck once you get that stuff all updated/replaced/sorted out.

I'd work on the AHC in this order: fluid first, sometimes getting the old fluid (and any air) out is all that's needed. Globes next (impex.jp is cheapest place to find them)- add another half can of fluid to your original order to cover this, it'll be one more bleed process. THEN, once you've figured out how it rides, see if you still want the updated springs. For my part I am in spec on front but still out of spec in rear, so I'll be adding a 30mm spacer one of these days to those original spring. Also- look at all your bushings where any suspension or body part mounts. Those are key to the AHC working like it's supposed to as well, and keeping the truck riding good. I've still gotta do this part.

Personally (this is 100% preference)- I like rubber/OEM style instead of poly for any bushing replacements. Is it a wear item? Yes. Did the OEM ones last 200k+? Also yes. For me, the rate I'm going? That's the rest of my life with this truck at least, if not the rest of my life period, lol. Poly can get extra squeaky and the added rigidity is meh to me. A LC isn't a racecar, it can give and flex some and it won't hurt my lap time. :)

Sony XAV1000 for the music player/ rearview camera screen. It's great. Wish the display was a little brighter, but I might just have to tint the hell out of my windows and call it good.

Have fun with it!

PXL_20220414_185719180.jpg

Cleaned up some and in "high" mode
PXL_20220414_185741237.jpg

New chrome upper hatch trim. Looks so much better than the old missing one with glue everywhere. Also adjusted the rear wiper arm and replaced the blade
PXL_20220405_182213745.jpg

View attachment 2987757
Cleaned up some and in "high" mode
View attachment 2987758
New chrome upper hatch trim. Looks so much better than the old missing one with glue everywhere. Also adjusted the rear wiper arm and replaced the blade
View attachment 2987759
Ha- your car's same color as mine. How's the paint on the top, hood, and upper surfaces (tops of doorhandles, mirrors, etc)? I see a little oxide on that back bumper, but yours looks a little less sunfaded than mine overall. I also have a little more severe scritch courtesy of my 16yo on my front bumper corner, same spot. He misjudged the distance to the wall at a drive through and ground that part down juuuust a shade for me. 😅

Ha- your car's same color as mine. How's the paint on the top, hood, and upper surfaces (tops of doorhandles, mirrors, etc)? I see a little oxide on that back bumper, but yours looks a little less sunfaded than mine overall. I also have a little more severe scritch courtesy of my 16yo on my front bumper corner, same spot. He misjudged the distance to the wall at a drive through and ground that part down juuuust a shade for me. 😅

Faded pretty good, some clear bubbling on the hood. Front bumper is going away, hood is getting a blackout panel and roof is getting a victory rack. I'll do what I can to the handles and mirrors. Hoping a buff and polish will make them decent.

Faded pretty good, some clear bubbling on the hood. Front bumper is going away, hood is getting a blackout panel and roof is getting a victory rack. I'll do what I can to the handles and mirrors. Hoping a buff and polish will make them decent.
Lol, twins. I got up there and shot my roof with white plastidip a couple weeks ago because "hell why not, it already looks like a UPS van and the paint is wreeeeeeccckkkkkedd..." and that's been interesting. I figured it couldn't hurt and it's so tall that most people won't see it, but you can ABSOLUTELY see it. I went on ahead there because I've got a Victory rack in my office floor that the black hardware to install just showed up for. I'll probably get that installed in the next couple days; kinda hoping that tones it down a little. Bumper and winch is coming soon too. I am thinking I'll probably get a quart or two of matched paint and respray and re-clear the hood, along with a couple other little chips/ dings along the rest of the car, then do a full on polish job with my porter cable. Overall I'm trying not to be too terribly precious with the thing because it's supposed to be the rough and ready woods truck, but I figure I might as well clean stuff up as I go, too.

Bought bora spacers and got a deal on a set of 200 series wheels with "almost" 33's (265/70/18). Also have plenty of ahc fluid and new globes are en route from Japan as of yesterday. Impex was less than $575 shipped for 4 new ones. Exchange rates are GREAT right now so lots of $$$ to be saved.

This week I got it Outer Banks partly ready...

Had the new radiator and heater t's installed with Toyota red. Oil change with k&n filter as well as new lucas diff fluid in the f&r plus transfer case. Installed 30mm rear bushings, wheel spacers and wheels.

Still have to do the roof rack, awning and some other small details

Busted ass this week, fought that roof rack for 2 days and got the front bumper on and lined up pretty good.

Also serviced the AHC, replaced the globes and cranked the torsion bars to get the pressure in spec.

View attachment 3009282

View attachment 3009283
Looking good- you really are moving along quick! I had a similar head-scratching moment with my V4x4 rack. Thought it had wrong brackets or something for a minute but finally got it up there. Helps when the brackets are on the right side/ turned the right way. I had my fronts reversed and that threw everything else off. For anyone else watching- start at the back. There's only one place to mount those and from there everything else should basically fall into place.

PXL_20231027_153124485.jpg

PXL_20231025_161101774.jpg

Spent quite a bit of time this past year between hatteras and ocracoke. Added a winch and got rid of the ironman awning for a taruca. Yes....it was expensive but I could barely use the ironman d/t being a pain to set up by myself.

PXL_20231101_171011892.jpg

Only live 30 minutes from uwharrie so I did some exploring there this year too

PXL_20231228_152226611.jpg

Christmas brought new shoes

This year I'm going to address the interior. A deep clean, new front seat covers and a new radio and backup camera are coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom