LX470 Mark Levinson Tape Selection Quiet/Bad Sound? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Only my tape deck sounds like garbage. I connected a Grom VLINE and it also sounded exactly the same as the tape. However, every CD selection and FM all sound great. Anyone had this happen?

To be more specific, I basically have to double the volume value (CD is on 25 and tape is on 50) to have the same level of noise coming out of the speakers for the same song. This obviously doesn't help the sound quality which is most of the reason why I think the tape sounds like crap. I've tried messing with the EQ but it doesn't really do much. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

I also just got this truck so this didn't just start happening or anything to my knowledge.

MarkLevinsonsucks.com

Are you talking about adding a bluetooth cassette adapter using your cassette player? Or just playing cassettes?

Both. Have an aux to cassette, grom everything through the cassette player has the issue. I’m not sure the grom actually uses the cassette, but I’m assuming so

I forgot what my factory radio cassette options had, if there is a Dolby sound filter, maybe try to toggle it? Have you tried a FM transmitter? I used one of those cheap FM 12V cig adapters for a while until I replaced my head unit.

Yeah going to try a FM transmitter next. The Dolby toggle helps slightly but nothing to write home about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom