SOLD lx470 landcruiser 12k 2003+ San Diego CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 100 Series
  2. LX470
Mileage
I’ve been looking at trucks for a few months and havent found what I’m looking for. Prefer lc or lx 2003 or newer. Older is fine if mileage is Low or has lots of sweet goodies like sliders, bumpers, lockers etc. need a large 4x4 to replace my 86 4Runner. 4 kids won’t fit anymore. Army vet and loyal Toyota fan. Cash in hand up to 12k for right rig. Located in San Diego area.

Took a look at a 2005 today, and had a question about AHC- I tested out another truck before (2006 LX470) and the ahc worked and slowly ticked up. This one 2005 lx did NOTHING when I pushed the button to go from N to High. The High light just kept blinking. After a few minutes I tried the Low button, same thing. Nothing happened and the low light just kept blinking. It was in park with the Parking brake on. Off off button was not engaged. I looked underneath and The owner said it hasn’t been removed. But I don’t know what the hell im looking at. Is this a sign to run?

another question: looking at another 05, and no timing belt/water pump done. It’s got 165k. If it hasn’t broken, is this one those items that you just thank God it hasn’t broken and replace? Or is there something else to worry about since it hasn’t been done (besides the $1000 job)?

I know these are newb questions so thanks in advance :)

Took a look at a 2005 today, and had a question about AHC- I tested out another truck before (2006 LX470) and the ahc worked and slowly ticked up. This one 2005 lx did NOTHING when I pushed the button to go from N to High. The High light just kept blinking. After a few minutes I tried the Low button, same thing. Nothing happened and the low light just kept blinking. It was in park with the Parking brake on. Off off button was not engaged. I looked underneath and The owner said it hasn’t been removed. But I don’t know what the hell im looking at. Is this a sign to run?

another question: looking at another 05, and no timing belt/water pump done. It’s got 165k. If it hasn’t broken, is this one those items that you just thank God it hasn’t broken and replace? Or is there something else to worry about since it hasn’t been done (besides the $1000 job)?

I know these are newb questions so thanks in advance :)

so i'm a new addition to the forum but was reading this and feeling kinship. i'm the proud new owner of a '05 lx, bought it just about two weeks ago, but in the hunt was researching this forum religiously.
the first question, now this may sound a little condescending and i promise it's not, i simply didn't know it was necessary until i found out, but were the doors open when testing the height control? my '05 asks that the doors are closed before adjusting itself. if open, the lights will flicker eternally without budging the suspension a bit. close the doors, and poof.
the second. as you've likely read, it's 90k or 5 years for those belts. it's also a zero tolerance engine so there's no mistaking the outcome of a snapped belt. i hope anyone would correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure they will) but i don't see any hidden issues of an older belt. other than it's a ticking time bomb.
my instinct about the second question is that if the owner really hasn't changed the belt at 165k then what else hasn't he/she done throughout it's life?

so i'm a new addition to the forum but was reading this and feeling kinship. i'm the proud new owner of a '05 lx, bought it just about two weeks ago, but in the hunt was researching this forum religiously.
the first question, now this may sound a little condescending and i promise it's not, i simply didn't know it was necessary until i found out, but were the doors open when testing the height control? my '05 asks that the doors are closed before adjusting itself. if open, the lights will flicker eternally without budging the suspension a bit. close the doors, and poof.
the second. as you've likely read, it's 90k or 5 years for those belts. it's also a zero tolerance engine so there's no mistaking the outcome of a snapped belt. i hope anyone would correct me if i'm wrong (i'm sure they will) but i don't see any hidden issues of an older belt. other than it's a ticking time bomb.
my instinct about the second question is that if the owner really hasn't changed the belt at 165k then what else hasn't he/she done throughout it's life?

Congrats on your new truck... yeah man the door was open :doh: I couldn’t find the manual online. The guy who hasn’t replaced the timing belt sent me the carfax, 4 owners, pretty much just oil changes over the years.

looks like a pretty well kept vehicle. i like to see that many service records. there's a lot of 'vehicle serviced' without description so that's a little vagueness that leaves me with questions. if it were me, and his price was right, i'd call up lexus of riverside and get clear as to what they did at 121,886, 153,383, and 153,858 while it was there. i can't imagine they didn't recommend a timing belt. maybe it happened at one of those visits. also, kind of curious that the car was primarily serviced at ramona tire but there are those distinct visits to the dealer. it piques my curiosity as to what for and why it went to lexus...

Thanks for the reply. I’ll ask him. I takes to the guy and he said it has never been done. Seems like he knows what he has done to the truck, I’ll double check. Main reason I’ve been hesitant is it’s a big job and it’s so far past recommended service intervals

just my two cents here but the belt has one real purpose and that's to keep the motor in step. if it slacks at that job the motor is through. if it were me and the truck looked great (no rust and exterior and interior is where you want it) and the price was close, i'd have a pre purchase inspection done at a toyota or lexus dealer (or a trusted mechanic) and get an extremely thorough view of the truck from them. i think most folks would agree that their assessment is mostly unreliable in that what they say needs to be done ASAP is based on the way they make money. BUT, i always use that report to simply see what's going on and what i'll likely need to address down the line. again, based on what you see and hear there i'd negotiate the price based on the need for the timing belt and then drive the fewest miles possible to the mechanic of choice (unless you're doing it yourself) and get that job done STAT.

but i'd also chat up those folks at lexus riverside and see what was on the menu for those services...

Picked up a 2004 240k miles lx470 for 11.5k today. so stoked! I lurked this forum for many months looking for the right buy. I did have to travel 450 miles for it.

4922FCCB-D173-467D-90F4-BF9C577FC975.jpeg

03F91E5A-4ECE-45A5-8B52-1B54DE9DF116.jpeg

6370CF36-8EF4-41F5-A09B-2B90F18FADFB.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom