LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKET (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Luke111

Supporting Vendor
Threads
LX470 HID RETROFIT PROJECTOR BRACKETS ARE AVAILABLE

www.lbbuiltwerks.com

HID MINI H1 BRACKET AND PROJECTOR INSTALL GUIDE

In my quest to simplify the retrofit process in my LX470 I decided to have a bracket made that matches the OEM attachment points which will allow you to simply bolt on the projector, button up your lights and you're done.

View attachment 1519515

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2008.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

Last edited:
Your planning this for Lexus only?

Another question if this will be available for LC. Very cool!

You dont really need a bracket for the LC if you are using one of the aftermarket projectors with threaded mounts like the morimoto Mini H1 or Mini D2S 4.0. The D2S is bigger than the H1 so your results may vary, but I know the H1 fits based on the LC I had with a H1 projector with the standard mini gatlin gun shroud. On the LC 98-02 models at least, you have to slightly trim the housing to make room for the shroud (if you dont, the projector will be angled down because the top would hit the housing otherwise) and you may have to trim the bulb holder where the bulb goes in on the backside of the housing to be able to screw down the nut on the projector shaft. the 03-07 LC headlights do not have the clearance issue with the shroud.

Last edited:
Bamabrock, covered the question and as you can see below one half of the LX projector is also the bracket. It took me about one hour to cut the OEM projector and almost a few fingers which drove me down the road to making a bracket.

img_0790-jpg.1408157

Last edited:
I'm anxious to see exactly what this ends up looking like for the LC. I've been wanting to do something similar. HIDs are an astounding upgrade when done properly. I'd love a set on the 100.

I'll have to research the LC if you don't have OEM projectors you don't need the bracket to do a HID retro fit . 3 post up Bamabrock
explains. The LC has a shroud that the projector mounts too so it's easier then the LX

I should have a set to test in a few days... but have decided not to 3D print them as it takes a few hours to make a set. We are looking at having them molded which will keep the cost down and produce a much stronger bracket. I'm all in and very dedicated to make this happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom