LX470 headlight assemblies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There!

I wanted to upgrade my headlights for function and also some aesthetic improvement. So I tried some LEDs in the LB and they went in great. But it exacerbated an issue with some weird stray beams that come from the headlight. With the normal incandescent bulbs the stray beams cross about 10' in front of the truck and are not that bad. They look like eyebrows when I park up against a wall as they are just over the headlight beams. With LEDs they are really bright and blind the drivers in front of me and are not safe. So I uninstalled and sent back. I have glass headlights so I figured they are OEM. Has anyone dealt with this?

Also I tried clear corners from Ebay and they were junk. Took right off and returned. Yuck.

And there is the DRL/High beam system that does not allow an LED since the voltage/current changes to allow the DRL. Anyway around this? I tried a system for an LC or another Lexus once and it didn't do anything. It seemed like a resister and diode, but I didn't study too closely.

If someone made a modernization kit for these cars it would be awesome. I would just click, buy, install. But I am struggling to find time to patch this together and engineer a solution.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

If you're referring to the 2 rectangles above each headlight, many refer to them as squirrel finders.

I've read some who'd installed LED in their LX actually loved the lights as there is already a cutoff line in the LX470. @Luke111 had a mount that worked with HID system that are a great option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom