LX470 Center Console Radio Knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have the little radio unit in my center console for the rear seat passengers. It was missing one of the volume knobs, which I had no luck finding. So, I drew it up and printed it. Turned out pretty good. Here's the link to Thingverse, it may take 24hrs for it to be available (just signed up an account): LX470 Radio Knob

SNAG-0741.png

9A1F01CB-6614-40F0-8A3E-A461F31B69C4.jpeg

F6BF0AB2-9819-444D-88B7-2A5D9B6F7B54.jpeg

Last edited:
Count me in—I can't find them either. I think they're sold with the radio unit itself and not separately.

Would an off the shelf D knob work?

Bumping this. @saucebox what did you end up doing? Looks like most of the bores on the link from Nuke were larger than the bore measured by @SICARIO.

Nothing at all. It looks as dumb as it ever has. I did try a couple of D knobs from Amazon, but nothing was even close.

Next step for me is probably to rip it out and replace with the blank panel from @BenCC Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build, #125. I don't use the panel anyway (don't know if it even works?), but the knob studs drive me nuts. Weird thing to worry about I guess.

Nothing at all. It looks as dumb as it ever has. I did try a couple of D knobs from Amazon, but nothing was even close.

Next step for me is probably to rip it out and replace with the blank panel from @BenCC Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build, #125. I don't use the panel anyway (don't know if it even works?), but the knob studs drive me nuts. Weird thing to worry about I guess.

I agree that the knob studs would drive me crazy. I'm fresh on my search, so I'm not at crazy mode yet. I think my next step is to start searching around for some salvage yards.

Or I'll source a 3D printer and print them using @SICARIO's design.

Something like 3D Printing Service | Shapeways might work for you using the file Sicario linked. I can't quite remember why I didn't go with that.

I guess it drives me nuts but not that nuts. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I want to give a huge kudos to @SICARIO for his efforts and making the file available to us. You're an awesome community member.

Here's how it worked out with his file, and using Sculpteo for the printing.

IMG_7645.jpg

I've never even used this feature in my truck. Does it only function if using headphones plugged into it?

I've got a replacement panel coming from BenCC. When it's here and installed, I'll be putting my OEM part up for sale. Has both knobs, great shape.

@GunninIt Glad to help.

@MongooseGA, I'm interested in doing the same panel since I also don't use the rear radio (just bugged me I didn't have the knob). I have read somewhere that if that unit is disconnected it also disconnects other features of the font head unit, so you may have to tuck and hide the radio under the console if you want to do that panel. I'll stay tuned to see how it works for you.

@GunninIt Glad to help.

@MongooseGA, I'm interested in doing the same panel since I also don't use the rear radio (just bugged me I didn't have the knob). I have read somewhere that if that unit is disconnected it also disconnects other features of the font head unit, so you may have to tuck and hide the radio under the console if you want to do that panel. I'll stay tuned to see how it works for you.

I was sort of concerned about this. Thanks for mentioning it.

I haven't put any real thought into how I'm going to wire this up yet. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Additionally, I wonder if the same issue would be present when removing the DVD player in the console. Still haven't looked into that yet either.

I was sort of concerned about this. Thanks for mentioning it.

I haven't put any real thought into how I'm going to wire this up yet. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Additionally, I wonder if the same issue would be present when removing the DVD player in the console. Still haven't looked into that yet either.

As to the DVD player—no ill effects. At least not in an '03 LX. Fine spot for a HAM radio...

For the rear audio...should be simple enough to just unplug it to see what happens. I'm not even sure if mine lights up, absolutely no idea if it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom