LX470 Buying Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FWIW I paid 3k for my 2001 LX with 213k miles. 1 family owned, new transmission, heater Tees and shock conversion before sale. Has some rust in the tailgate and undercarriage for being in upstate NY / Ohio its whole life.

Pricing on these is all over the place. 76k miles for $19k is very reasonable in my opinion. Does it check most of your requirements? Relatively easy to get home? If yes, I would take it at that price. I'm looking at a '04 LC with 125k miles for $17,500. It's a bit high but it checks all of the required boxes for me. Right color, relatively easy to get home, super clean inside, zero rust, and the TB/WP job was done less than 10k miles ago.
There just isn't enough of these being sold to get an accurate price comparison. Here's some numbers for reference.
Since I'm looking in the 2003 to 2007 range with under 150k miles, that's what i searched for on AutoTrader for all of the vehicles, I just changed the make and / or model. These are the number available nationwide.

4Runner - 522
Tacoma - 859
Tundra - 717
Chevy Tahoe - 756
Chevy Silverado 1500 - 2,149

LC and LX combined - 57!!!
Thanks for sharing. Those are some crazy numbers.

FWIW I paid 3k for my 2001 LX with 213k miles. 1 family owned, new transmission, heater Tees and shock conversion before sale. Has some rust in the tailgate and undercarriage for being in upstate NY / Ohio its whole life.
I know I got an insane deal but last month, I picked up an FL 2006 mint LX w/ 124K and all Lexus maintenance done for $16.1K, oh and rust free. Even if this were $17.5Kish, it would still be a considered a good deal . You just have to be ready to pull the trigger immediately.
that is a ridiculously good deal. Nice find!

I know I got an insane deal but last month, I picked up an FL 2006 mint LX w/ 124K and all Lexus maintenance done for $16.1K, oh and rust free. Even if this were $17.5Kish, it would still be a considered a good deal . You just have to be ready to pull the trigger immediately.
that is a ridiculously good deal. Nice find!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom