LX470 Bouncing and Jarring Ride (FIXED!) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let me share my experience. My truck rode perfectly on highways but bounced like a basketball on roads that were not smooth. My youngest said it was like sitting and riding a horse. I am in the northeast and i could not find a private shop that even understood the system. I cold called 4 lexus shops and asked them to price me on 4 accumulators/globes. I actually called each shop 2 times to speak to two different writers. I ended up using the shop that knew what i was talking about. This was my first set, i paid like $1800, (80k on the clock) this was way too much but i really had no choice at the time. The premature failure was because the lexus dealer put washer fluid in the Hyd tank.
I recommend you search this site to learn about the system. If you invest a little time you will end up knowing more than the dealers. Search the Praddo posts.
Second go around i had one go bad in the front and the dealer warranted the set. (130k on the clock). At about 168k i had one go bad in the rear and replaced the rear set. I bought the globes online around $250 a piece and the dealer did the change for like $125. All along the process i coached the dealer on the system with information i learned here. At 178k i lost a line gave up on the system and put regular shocks on with new torsion bars. Very happy with the setup and everything cost around $1100. Dealer did some and private shop did Torsion bars.
I gave up because my trucks shocks and lines were pretty rusted and i felt i was going to just keep chasing the system. I wish i converted the shocks back prior to buying the rear globes since i never really used the AHC system. I think the ride is great with the converted system.
I did try to change the fluid before installing the first set but that did not help.
I hope this helps and good luck.

Let me share my experience. My truck rode perfectly on highways but bounced like a basketball on roads that were not smooth. My youngest said it was like sitting and riding a horse. I am in the northeast and i could not find a private shop that even understood the system. I cold called 4 lexus shops and asked them to price me on 4 accumulators/globes. I actually called each shop 2 times to speak to two different writers. I ended up using the shop that knew what i was talking about. This was my first set, i paid like $1800, (80k on the clock) this was way too much but i really had no choice at the time. The premature failure was because the lexus dealer put washer fluid in the Hyd tank.
I recommend you search this site to learn about the system. If you invest a little time you will end up knowing more than the dealers. Search the Praddo posts.
Second go around i had one go bad in the front and the dealer warranted the set. (130k on the clock). At about 168k i had one go bad in the rear and replaced the rear set. I bought the globes online around $250 a piece and the dealer did the change for like $125. All along the process i coached the dealer on the system with information i learned here. At 178k i lost a line gave up on the system and put regular shocks on with new torsion bars. Very happy with the setup and everything cost around $1100. Dealer did some and private shop did Torsion bars.
I gave up because my trucks shocks and lines were pretty rusted and i felt i was going to just keep chasing the system. I wish i converted the shocks back prior to buying the rear globes since i never really used the AHC system. I think the ride is great with the converted system.
I did try to change the fluid before installing the first set but that did not help.
Thank you for you post, very informative. If you look back a couple posts I just finished the repair myself, rides great again! Now time to figure out what is wrong with the OBD port...

"dealer put washer fluid in the Hyd tank" unbelievable Lawd noooooooooooo!

"dealer put washer fluid in the Hyd tank" unbelievable Lawd noooooooooooo!
I mean... I.... I think I'd be suing the dealer for 100% new parts in the entirety of the system. Brand new parts. Every. Single. One.

That's unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom