LX470 blower motor worn out bearing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone!
My car's blower motor is squeaking. I took it out and on inspection everything was clean but I believe the bearing of the propeller shaft is worn out. Any one knows the size of the bearing?
There are blower motors on rockout for 40 dollars, has anyone tried one of those and if those work fine?
Thanks!

I had the same problem earlier this year. Pulled the motor and tried to disassemble but couldn’t get it apart. There are a few other posts I had found that had similar results.

I tried a rock auto fan as a first replacement. It arrived and the mounting holes and plug were completely wrong. Decided to just get an OEM unit at that point to be done with it.

Mine does that on occasion. I’ve tried pulling the squirrel cage off the shaft like I’ve seen others do on here, but I had no such luck. If anyone knows of a way to remove that I’d love to know!

Just to let you guys know that I replaced OEM blower motor with rockauto blower motor and it works fine. The fit a bit tight but all the bolt holes lined up and harness plugged in without any issue. Rockauto sells 3 different brands for LX470, the brand I purchased is UAC and model number is BM9180C. I paid 41.79 without shipping.

Will keep you guys posted once I repair the OEM blower motor bearing.

I replaced a blower motor in a ford years ago with autozone part and it wasn’t close to OEM air flow. Good to hear rockautos close to Toyota 🤙

Just to let you guys know that I replaced OEM blower motor with rockauto blower motor and it works fine. The fit a bit tight but all the bolt holes lined up and harness plugged in without any issue. Rockauto sells 3 different brands for LX470, the brand I purchased is UAC and model number is BM9180C. I paid 41.79 without shipping.

Will keep you guys posted once I repair the OEM blower motor bearing.
I’m glad that worked for you! I got curious and checked and thats the same part I had ordered that did not work. I wonder if the part I got was in the wrong box.

I’m glad that worked for you! I got curious and checked and thats the same part I had ordered that did not work. I wonder if the part I got was in the wrong box.
Probably the part was right but It needs a little bit of persuasion. You have to force the edges of the blower motor assembly into the groves of the air duct assembly but before you do that, you have to line up all the bolt holes. Once pushed in, it won't fall even if the screws or the bolts aren't installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom