LX470 AHC Failure; Land Cruiser with AHC? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.

2004 LX470 with 200k here, which I want to keep.

Active Height Control (AHC) system went yesterday. Rear axle on bump stops.

Drove to indy, which stated the left and right hydraulic lines are rusted and I’d likely need both rear shocks as well, due to likely rust at the top mounting points (?).

Quoted me $1,700, $1,250 for parts, $450 for labor. I’m told the parts would be OEM Lexus. How does this pricing sounds; high, low?

Can someone please help provide me with the part numbers I'd need? I’d like to call dealers and search online for better pricing.

ALSO, is there some Land Cruiser 100 Series model year that has AHC, or do all have conventional suspensions?

As some of you may recall, my front steering rack was leaking, indy stated I must use Lexus parts, but I went ahead with an OEM Land Cruiser rack, which worked just fine.

Please advise at your earliest as down a car.

Thank you!

I found these part numbers:

48530-69145

49164-60041
49163-60041

Do the hydraulic lines that run front to back on either side of the truck come in sections?

Anyone know if the numbers above are the whole line, or only a part of the line?

Thank you.

In 2006 & 2007 AHC was optional on US Land Cruisers.

Thank you everyone.

Can someone please confirm whether or not the 2006/2007 Land Cruiser AHC setup is the same as the 2004 LX setup?

In other words, would the LC part numbers I provided above be a direct fit / replacement on my LX?

I hope so, as I believe the lines are hard metal, which are not flexible. :|

Shocks the same as well?

Thank you again.

Thank you, l3n0x.

Do you know whether or not the SUSPENSION CONTROL PRESSURE HOSES are interchangeable for the 2004 LX and the 2006/2007 LC?

If anyone can shed any light, it'd be great.

Thanks again!

Typically I find the LC and LX share parts. The Toyota dealer is more convenient for me, so I go there for many parts. If your Lexus part number is good on a Toyota dealer/site part list, then they can get/have it. The LC and LX are made at the same plant in Japan, so the parts tend to be interchangeable.

Thank you, LXPearl. Yes, totally agreed, but there are sometimes some variation between the LX and LC and also between model year, as the steering rack were slightly different between the two, but I took the plunge and ordered the LC one for my LX and it worked. I also know that the rear bumper and tow hitch setup changed from year to year. So just concerned whether or not these parts for a 06/07 LC will be direct replacement on my 04 LX, as it's hard metal piping.

Thank you, LXPearl. Yes, totally agreed, but there are sometimes some variation between the LX and LC and also between model year, as the steering rack were slightly different between the two, but I took the plunge and ordered the LC one for my LX and it worked. I also know that the rear bumper and tow hitch setup changed from year to year. So just concerned whether or not these parts for a 06/07 LC will be direct replacement on my 04 LX, as it's hard metal piping.

I’m afraid the only way to find it out is to order it:(

I received the parts today and unfortunately, the hydraulic lines are black and hose like (actually 50% flexible, 50% rigid).

When the indy threw my car upon the lift, what he pointed out to me was silver / metallic and larger in diameter, and seems completely rigid.

Is there is difference between the air suspension hydraulic lines on a 2004 LX and a 2006/7 LC?

Can someone please shed some light on this? Can really use some help here.

My 2000 lines do have flexible sections in them. I'd be surprised a bit if the LX lines were all the way rigid

My 2000 lines do have flexible sections in them. I'd be surprised a bit if the LX lines were all the way rigid

Thanks, l3n0x.

Do you have a 2000 LX?

And are your lines silver or black?

Thanks, l3n0x.

Do you have a 2000 LX?

And are your lines silver or black?

I have a 2000 LC (they came with AHC in europe), and I can’t really tell the color as my lines are corroded

I received the parts today and unfortunately, the hydraulic lines are black and hose like (actually 50% flexible, 50% rigid).

When the indy threw my car upon the lift, what he pointed out to me was silver / metallic and larger in diameter, and seems completely rigid.

Is there is difference between the air suspension hydraulic lines on a 2004 LX and a 2006/7 LC?

Can someone please shed some light on this? Can really use some help here.

Here is the step by step to determine if there is a difference.

Use Toyodiy
look up parts for both models and years
compare part numbers
If the part numbers are the same. They are the same part.
If the part number is different. They could be a different part... I only say this because an older model "04" may superseded to the newer "07" part number, but a catalog like toyodiy will most likely not have current supersession loaded.

You can also compare usa to eu model part numbers there (toyodiy)

Thanks Gentlemen.

I've went to Toyota and Lexus dealers. Gave VIN's for my '04 LX and a '07 LC.

Part numbers seem to be the same; both parts depts. showed me the same diagram.

They don't know what else could be leaking besides the line I purchased.

Anyway, I dropped off my truck and the parts with my indy and I'm waiting to hear back.

Hopefully no hiccups.

By the way, is the hydraulic fluid expensive? While the truck sat in my driveway, it all leaked out. :|

Any smart way to clean it up, or the rain will do so?

Thanks for everyone's support.

Thanks Gentlemen.

I've went to Toyota and Lexus dealers. Gave VIN's for my '04 LX and a '07 LC.

Part numbers seem to be the same; both parts depts. showed me the same diagram.

They don't know what else could be leaking besides the line I purchased.

Anyway, I dropped off my truck and the parts with my indy and I'm waiting to hear back.

Hopefully no hiccups.

By the way, is the hydraulic fluid expensive? While the truck sat in my driveway, it all leaked out. :|

Any smart way to clean it up, or the rain will do so?

Thanks for everyone's support.

Fluid can be pricey but you don't change it often so it's worth it.
Yes go scatter some cat litter on it to absorb if possible, animals may get into it depending and it could injure the little dudes. You also don;t want that getting into the gutters which end up in streams, oceans based on your location, or even ground water. All chemical spills and fluids should be cleaned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom