LX470 06-07 Style Tail Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dannyLX

SILVER Star
Threads
I have been looking everywhere trying to source a good quality set of these taillights for my 2004 LX. I bought some for $300 off eBay about a year ago and pretty much got scammed. They were a complete pile of garbage; glue stains, poor fitment, and a hole inside the housing on the tailgate-mounted lamps. The harness supplied for the tailgate-mounted lamps also didn't fit the existing one in the car and there was no way in hell I was going to cut the existing wiring harness to make these crappy ones fit. They're sitting in my garage as a reminder for how stupid I was in taking a chance on them.

Does anyone know where 06-07 style tail lights can be sourced for my 2004? I know they're options for the 98-02 models as Eagle Eyes Asia stills sells them but no alternative for the people in the 03-05 model range other than OEM (Lexus dealer quoted me 1200 for a whole set).

I've recently been going through great lengths to find a good quality set for cheap to no avail. Also, please for the love of god don't take a chance on crappy eBay lamps. I see many of these listings have numerous watchers on them and I don't want anyone to waste their money.

didn't even know 98-02 can upgrade to the LED tail lights.. got a link for those?

didn't even know 98-02 can upgrade to the LED tail lights.. got a link for those?

The best quality pair that I have heard of on the forum that fits 98-02 is from this thread 06+ LX470 OEM Style Taillights? The link for the set is https://www.eagleeyes-asia.com/products/land-cruiser-fj100-led-tail-lamp-98-07?rq=mk_toyota~yr_200. Although the website says it's for 98-07 I contacted them and they said it's only for 98-02 and the thread I linked confirms that.

I have been looking everywhere trying to source a good quality set of these taillights for my 2004 LX. I bought some for $300 off eBay about a year ago and pretty much got scammed. They were a complete pile of garbage; glue stains, poor fitment, and a hole inside the housing on the tailgate-mounted lamps. The harness supplied for the tailgate-mounted lamps also didn't fit the existing one in the car and there was no way in hell I was going to cut the existing wiring harness to make these crappy ones fit. They're sitting in my garage as a reminder for how stupid I was in taking a chance on them.

Does anyone know where 06-07 style tail lights can be sourced for my 2004? I know they're options for the 98-02 models as Eagle Eyes Asia stills sells them but no alternative for the people in the 03-05 model range other than OEM (Lexus dealer quoted me 1200 for a whole set).

I've recently been going through great lengths to find a good quality set for cheap to no avail. Also, please for the love of god don't take a chance on crappy eBay lamps. I see many of these listings have numerous watchers on them and I don't want anyone to waste their money.
If you find any let me know. I'm in the same boat unfortunately. Had a good DEPO set but the missus reversed into a tree and cracked one, have now tried two sets of cheap eBay one with no luck (s*** quality / doesn't fit / wrong loom).

So, I am guessing 03-05LX owners can go for an OEM upgrade from this post:

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 6.40.55 PM.png

^^ $1013 + Tax and Shipping From LexusOEMParts. Amayama saves a little, but not much.

I am not prepared to swallow that price, but I am curious if this is plug and play with the parts above. Has anyone done this? Do you need to futz around with load resistors, order updated wiring harnesses, get new bulbs, etc.

So, I am guessing 03-05LX owners can go for an OEM upgrade from this post:

View attachment 2341426
^^ $1013 + Tax and Shipping From LexusOEMParts. Amayama saves a little, but not much.

I am not prepared to swallow that price, but I am curious if this is plug and play with the parts above. Has anyone done this? Do you need to futz around with load resistors, order updated wiring harnesses, get new bulbs, etc.

I'm assuming it'd be plug and play as my decent replicas were just bolt in and away you go. $1000 US is hard to swallow though.

The best quality pair that I have heard of on the forum that fits 98-02 is from this thread 06+ LX470 OEM Style Taillights? The link for the set is https://www.eagleeyes-asia.com/products/land-cruiser-fj100-led-tail-lamp-98-07?rq=mk_toyota~yr_200. Although the website says it's for 98-07 I contacted them and they said it's only for 98-02 and the thread I linked confirms that.

Heads up i found that this is for LC not an LX, various threads point that Eagle Eyes Asia version is plug and play for LC 98-02.

So Looks like LX all years may need OEM method.

Heads up i found that this is for LC not an LX, various threads point that Eagle Eyes Asia version is plug and play for LC 98-02.

So Looks like LX all years may need the OEM method.

My bad, looks like I got it mixed up. I was under the impression that they were reverse compatible based on the thread mentioned above but looks like I misread it.

So from what it sounds like, it looks like 98-07 LX470 models need a solution for good quality/fair priced led taillights. The OEM option would only work for 03-07 as I for sure know its a slightly different shape than 98-02. Based on the replies above, practically no one is willing to swallow the $1000 price tag and that is justified, given all of the other cool things you can do to your rig for around $1000.

I've recently been talking to some suppliers in the middle east and even they are having a hard time sourcing them, which is surprising considering the amount of LC's/LX they have there. I have some friends there too and they are currently looking as well.

I wonder why DEPO would discontinue the product if there is so much demand for it. From what I have heard, they made really good quality sets. I am going to try to contact Eagle Eyes Asia and DEPO to see if they can source them or maybe make more sets for the LX470 models. I also heard from some people that Taiwan has really good AFM sets for the LX470, so if anyone is from there, or knows someone from there, please check and see/ask if there is a possible solution.

Let me know if you get a positive response from either of the two suppliers. As you mentioned, no idea why they'd discontinue a product with demand?

Can’t you just source from salvage yard?

You can but usually, anytime a salvage yard buys an 06-07 LX470 the first thing to go is the taillights, and people typically don't buy the whole set, they end up buying one or two pieces or the ones they need. The problem is that the LX470 design for the tail light assembly is 4 individual pieces, meaning you would have to source each individual piece from a different salvage yard. With the prices they want (usually around 100-150 a piece) and shipping costs on top, you're around $200-$250 a piece and that point it would be better off buying new/OEM. Also, given the limited amount of trucks produced for the 06-07 model year, it's not like I can walk into my local salvage yard and they will have an 06-07 LX470, let alone a full set of tail lights, that I can just buy off them. Trust me, I've considered almost every possible option. Last time I checked in Florida, there is only one 06' LX470 at a salvage yard and the whole car is basically stripped to the chassis!

For the ebay sellers, I have found that asking them specific questions about authenticity, fitment, quality, etc usually weeds out the bs. For example, I was searching for Denso coils and found several sellers on ebay who responded promptly to my questions. When i asked is this an actual Denso part, it went crickets. I assume they do not want to put anything in writing. For the taillights, I asked if there would be any fitment or leak related issues and I never heard back after promptly answering my harness related questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom