For Sale LX450 with GT35R turbo, lifted, sliders, bumper, lockers, killer rig! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

1997 Lexus LX450 in great condition inside and out. Silver/Champagne exterior with tan leather interior. Seating for 7 with removable 3rd row seats
108K miles on a used engine with 153K miles on the truck itself
Toyota replaced the transmission a few years back as well
Fully loaded with all options including DIFF LOCKS. Power everything with sunroof, rear heater, tinted windows, factory 6 disc CD changer. Very very plush truck.
Drives great, everything works, a/c ice cold, differential lockers to get you out of just about any situation. Vehicle is ultra quiet and once you fully floor the gas pedal and it does make boost its other personality comes out. Very quick for a 7,000lb truck. Walks away from the new FJCruisers and destroys a similar stock LandCruiser/LX450.

Modifications:
Suspension-
Old Man Emu 4" J Spring lift, Doetsche shocks (very soft ride), Slee Off-Road polyeurathane 1" front spacer bushings
285/75/16 Mud Terrain tires (5K miles on them approx) 33" tall
4x4 Labs rear custom bumper with spare tire swingout carrier (has 4" less overhang than the stock bumper), tow hitch built into it and is flush
Metal Tech sliders with tubular kickouts to prevent rocker panel damage and catalytic convertor damage (huge protection around the cats)
Slee Off-Road transfer case skid plate (1/2" thick plate steel)
Odessey Group 31M battery (205 minutes of reserve), deep cycle marine with extra posts for a winch/lighting etc $250 battery

Turbo Kit-
Custom turbo kit made by TurboHoses.com in Pleasanton: Garett dual ball bearing and water cooled GT35R turbo, Turbonetics turbo cast iron manifold, Tial wastegate
3" downpipe with wastegate dumped into it necked down to 2.5" all stainless steel with V-band connected to the factory exhaust/cats. Passes CA smog
Front mount intercooler with 2.5" aluminum piping, blow off valve and Turbohoses.com silicone hoses
LandTank billet MAF sensor with cone performance filter, Innovate Turbo WideBand O2 sensor with digital display, Boost Guage
Makes around 325hp/425 ft/lbs tq I imagine at 8psi running 91 octane. Runs rich even with the factory tune. Totally safe tune.

Extras-
(5) 315/75/16 MTR 35" tires (25% tire left) mounted on LX450 rims
Factory 1FZ longblock engine with rod knock (original engine in the truck when I bought it)
100K mile approx used in perfect working order transmission and transfer case with torque convertor (a spare)
gray front bumper (I can have it repainted to match the factory color for about $250)
(2) front brake rotors *NEW*
(1) rear brake rotor *NEW*

SOLD

Last edited:
1996LexusLX450009.jpg

1996LexusLX450010.jpg

1996LexusLX450011.jpg

1996LexusLX450014.jpg

1996LexusLX450015.jpg

The good things:
1) the truck is very well done and simply could use a nice front bumper.
2) $10K+ in mods easy
3) lots of extra parts
4) CA truck
5) wheels great, non smoker, very plush ride.
6) Everything works aside from the antennae mast
7) 130mph+ top speed.... hell I had to try it at least once. That was plenty fast on 33's.
8) 3rd row seats bagged and stored in perfect condition (included)

The bad things:
1) I removed the front bug guard from the hood and there was rubbing where it rested/vibrated. Still have the guard to reinstall.
2) antennae mast doesn't go up/down
3) Spare is a 35" MTR
4) a couple very very light scratches on the doors from brush that have "kissed" the clear coat. I'm sure with a buffer I can get all of these out which I'll do next week. You can't even see them unless you look at them in the right light. Very very faint.
5) Crappy powdercoat on the rear bumper is being bubbled by minor rust. Some surface rust on the suspension/diff parts. Little bit of surface rust on the scratches on the sliders. I pressure washed all this stuff and then it ended up surface rusting a teeny bit after leaving the truck out at my friends house near the beach for a couple months. It is very minimal and looks worse in the pics.
6) Front bumper bashed up. Either use the other one I have (I'll paint it to match) or put on a Slee shortbus bumper (this was my plan)
7) No caster correction up front performed. I have the bushings if you want to press them in. Never bothered me.

Last edited:
answered all PM's

I have 2 people coming down to look at my turbo Diesel Superduty.
WOuld you be interested in a trade.
Specs:
180K on engine
Salvage Title never crashed Stolen and interior stolen at 1 point.
99 F250 extra cab 4wd Silver with Blue interior.
Headlights, grill, core support harness upgraded to 07 with Harley blacked lights.
Upgraded to a true dana 60 Front with Detroit Lockers + new Gears
Upgraded Rear Dana 80 Rear Axle with Detroit and new gears
Mag-hytec covers front and rear
Long travel front Driveshaft for these extreme articulation poses with 1450 joints
Road Armor front bumper with 16.5 Ti winch
Rear winch 12K
Turbonetics Ball bearing Turbo
Turbonetics Intercooler
New ATS transmission with 100K warranty
325/85R16 Michelin XML mounted on weld super single wheels.
Staun Beadlocks not installed
Bilstein 9100 Triple bypass Shocks on front
Bilstein 9100 Coilovers in the rear (used as regular shocks)
Roof Rack
Hella Rallye 4000 HID Lights 2 pencil beam and 2 wide pattern beam

Extras: 2 dana front axles with Crossover steering
1 extra rear complete with Detroit locker and mag-hytec cover
Leaf springs, SHocks , weld super single 16.5 x12 weld wheels
9100 Bilsteins at least 2 more for sure.

This is 1 bad ass truck with alot of money invested into it. Hell just in shocks it's got over 3K and in Hella rally lights $2K

Let me know if its something your interested in. I can take some pics I have it at my shop colecting dust.

that thing is immaculate! very nice looking

Only interested in a Featherlite 18' car hauler or cheap Dodge Cummins TDSL extra cab/quad cab short bed plus cash.

to the top

Interest from Hawaii and the East Coast. What about you folks in the middle of the country? :p

Drove it this morning up my favorite on ramp. Amazing how fast this scoots to 80mph.

bumpity bump

Bonk to the top! Still looking for a nice Cummins extra/quad cab TDSL. Buying a '99 Dodge 2500 extra cab 2wd TDSL with 61K miles on 7/27.

badda bing... badda boom. To the top!

I now mounted a 33" M/T on the correct gloss LX450 rim to replace the 35" MTR on the chrome LX450 rim.

weekend bump!

Just curious, how many miles on truck since the turbo upgrade? What is the best mpg you have got?

Thanks

The truck has 8K miles on the turbo setup. No issues.

It averages about 12-13mpg. I never really take it all highway. With a lift, the larger tires, and the shape of a brick weighing 6500lbs+.... it is what it is.

Rear spare is now a 33" M/T tire brand new on the matching gloss clear coated rim like the others.

to the top.... going camping with it this weekend. Will take some pics!

to the top. Did some wheelin in it up at Lake Utica in Bear Valley and kayaking. No pics.... but plenty of sunburn and achy muscles from paddling and carrying the yak.

lots of calls.... still here!

to the top please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom