LX450 update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi again guys:

So I have an update on the ownership of my new rig:

I have my first CEL and It happened on a mountain highway up to Whistler this weekend. I think that the problem is associtated with a leak in the exhaust just before the cat that sits right under the front passenger seat. I ordered the gasket and will be fixing it shortly.

I have Lexus pulling the CEL code tommorrow so I will see if this confirms my decision or not. I have proof that the Dealership actually had this CEL before but just had the comp. reset so if it is anything major I am going to press them to pay for it, I think that they probably will if this is the case.

I put sylvania silverstar headlights in it today to brighten up the headlights a little and I really like the diff.

I also cleaned all the window tracks and lubed them with some silicon spray.

I would like some thoughts from you all on cleaners added through the fuel.....
I thought perhaps I should put some injector cleaner or something through the system just in case, will this harm the injectors at all?
I was also looking for some fuel additive that would clean the catylitic converters, 1 does this exist 2 has anyone tried it?

BCLX450.

I'm not sure what Lexus is charging for puling the CEL code, but it's probably 1 hour of labour. You can get a good hand held code reader from Crappy Tire for $150 (they always go on sale) or buy them from ebay and hook to your PC. The laptop units are better and allow you to do diagnostics.

If you were in Toronto, you could use mine. Invest in a FSM and a code reader. They will pay for themselves quickly.

Autoparts stores will generaly pull the code for free for you. Call them first, some do and some don't

Don't pay to have the codes read, like Romer says...some places do it for free. I just bought a PC-based OBD 2 system for my 80 diagnosis and am working on discount pricing from the developer. I'll post more later this week, but the system kicks ass and is awesome.

elmariachi said:
I just bought a PC-based OBD 2 system for my 80 diagnosis and am working on discount pricing from the developer. I'll post more later this week, but the system kicks ass and is awesome.

I have a hand held code reader but I want to watch the data also so I am in the market for one of these. Are you working on an Ih8mud discount or group buy or something similar? Let us know what you find out.

RavenTai said:
I have a hand held code reader but I want to watch the data also so I am in the market for one of these. Are you working on an Ih8mud discount or group buy or something similar? Let us know what you find out.

I too have a handheld and at 140k miles, I need something more to take care of my truck. I have negotiated a nice discount for IH8Mud users and am waiting on the company/developer to confirm that he has the discount mechanism in place and then I will post a thread with screen shots and a tech overview here in the 80s forum, along with a thread about how to buy at the discounted price in the vendor's section. This should happen today or tomorrow. I think those who are looking for a PC product will be very pleased at the price and functionality.

elmariachi said:
I have negotiated a nice discount for IH8Mud users and am waiting on the company/developer to confirm that he has the discount mechanism in place and then I will post a thread with screen shots and a tech overview here in the 80s forum, along with a thread about how to buy at the discounted price in the vendor's section. This should happen today or tomorrow. I think those who are looking for a PC product will be very pleased at the price and functionality.

Any word yet on this group buy? My check engine light just came on and I'd like to get started figuring things out the right way.

Check the vendor section, he has posted a link.

Also, try an auto parts store for a free code pull

Thanks for the redirect. We have only one auto part store in town that will read them. And their printer is broken and they're not sure when it'll be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom