LX450 Stereo wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I guess it makes more sense once you've actually made one.

Did you guys remove your amp completely? I'm thinking of pulling the whole thing out including the CD changer (LX450)

Thanks guys.

20181125_165805.jpg
Btw, anyone know what this white conduit is for? Wondering if it's factory ir not.

Last edited:
About to put together one of these harnesses and I’m not near my car. For anyone who has done this, can you let me know what length should be (plug to plug) sufficient for the extended wires from the radio to the amp location?

Jlh911 that attaches to the back of the climate control unit. It's for the ambient temp sensor I believe.

Bludvl I would say about 3 to 3.5 feet. If there's a bit extra it's ok there's lots of room to tuck it up in there.

Thanks @asutherland!

Started putting together the harness but hit a snag. On the Scosche TA02B to 70-8112 plug (end to be used behind the glovebox, I have one wire on each that don’t seem to match.

Specifically, on the TA02B side, the orange illumination wire. And on the 70-8113 plug, blue/white amp turn on wire.

Also, on the 70-8112 to car stereo plug, which wires did you hook up? Hard to tell from the pic. I see red and yellow (constant 12v and accessory) but have a hard time making out the rest.

Thanks for your help!

I had the same issue! Looks like the solid blue and blue with white stripe are soldered together with the blue on the other end, from what it looks like in picture..

Thanks @asutherland!

Started putting together the harness but hit a snag. On the Scosche TA02B to 70-8112 plug (end to be used behind the glovebox, I have one wire on each that don’t seem to match.

Specifically, on the TA02B side, the orange illumination wire. And on the 70-8113 plug, blue/white amp turn on wire.

Also, on the 70-8112 to car stereo plug, which wires did you hook up? Hard to tell from the pic. I see red and yellow (constant 12v and accessory) but have a hard time making out the rest.

Thanks for your help!

The colours don't all match unfortunately. You have to check what each one does (function wise) on each adapter and mate them together that way.

The one behind the deck I believe has all the common functions that aren't audio such as power, ground, remote antenna, amp turn on, illumination, etc.

You said the power antenna works with the deck, but are you able to still put it up and down manually with the "antenna" switch?

Hard to tell from your pictures, but do you have the two blue wires crimped together with the blue wire coming from the adapter?

I know there has been a lot posted about this but after spending a lot of time reading through a bunch of info I was somewhat lost in misinformation and discrepencies. I accidentally came across a really easy way to wire an LX450 aftermarket deck so I thought I would share the info for anyone else searching for info.

My method requires no cutting and splicing of the already short AF factory wiring. This is a plug and play method with minimal running of wires to bypass the factory amp.

You will need one Scosche TA012 and TWO Metra 70-8112 wiring kits or suitable replacements. You will also need approx 8' of speaker (2 conductor) cable and a pile of red butt splices

After removing the factory amp from behind the passenger side lower dash speaker, you will have 3 plugs that were plugged into the amp. 2 of the plugs from the TA012 are used and one of the Metra plugs is used. Match up the wiring color for color and extend the left over speaker wiring to your deck harness speaker wires. On the deck end, just match color for color. The RCA plugs on the Metra kits aren't used (I chose to cut them off, taping them off is unnecessary as they are only connected to dead end wiring in the vehicle harness)

I put this all together by accident and it worked! The power antenna works with the deck and the deck lighting dims with the headlight switch as it should.

View attachment 1288533

View attachment 1288534

View attachment 1288535

View attachment 1288536

FYI: I made a harness like the OP made (including soldering the wires like his picture shows) and all seems to work correctly, even the antenna up/down switch.. I'll check dimming tomorrow

I just wanted to give everyone a shout out, especially @steve604 and @asutherland. With all the info on this thread I installed a Sony head unit with Cerwin Vega sub/amp in my LX450. Without this thread it would've been nearly impossible to figure out the wiring. My wiring harness was a little different because I had to swap pins around since my metra harnesses did not come with an illumination wire. Everything works as it should, including the antenna. Thanks guys!

Does yours dim?

I just wanted to give everyone a shout out, especially @steve604 and @asutherland. With all the info on this thread I installed a Sony head unit with Cerwin Vega sub/amp in my LX450. Without this thread it would've been nearly impossible to figure out the wiring. My wiring harness was a little different because I had to swap pins around since my metra harnesses did not come with an illumination wire. Everything works as it should, including the antenna. Thanks guys!

I have a wire harness built but not installed yet. As I was building it, I realized two things — (1) there’s no need to hook up the amp turn on wire to the amp and (2) the illumination wire is not connected all the way through the harness, and you need to repurpose the unused amp wire to the right position on the other plugs.

I won’t know if this is really the case until next week when I install it, but that’s my hypothesis.

I have a wire harness built but not installed yet. As I was building it, I realized two things — (1) there’s no need to hook up the amp turn on wire to the amp and (2) the illumination wire is not connected all the way through the harness, and you need to repurpose the unused amp wire to the right position on the other plugs.

I won’t know if this is really the case until next week when I install it, but that’s my hypothesis.

This is exactly what I did! I repurposed the amp turn on wire for illumination. Works perfectly!

This is exactly what I did! I repurposed the amp turn on wire for illumination. Works perfectly!

So does yours dim? I don't think mine does.

What's the trick for removing the pins from these Metra and Scosche clips? I have been using a wire clip to try and unlock the side of pin attached to clip. Can't seem to get the pin to back out without putting too much tension pulling on the wire.

Great thread!....Im starting on mine soon and need all the help I can get...lol

Im going to bypass OEM amp and put in aftermarket amp.... so hope I can figure this out...not finding info on how to do this step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom