LX450 Specific Dash Stereo Wiring Diagram/Color Codes Needed. Electrical Wiring Manual? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Trying to connect Powered subwoofer to stock head unit. The only link on iH8Mud I found is wrong: Descriptions do not match actual wires.
Crutchfield sent me List that was wrong: Woofer Spkr+ #14 L.GRN/BK" does not exist. Anybody have PDF of 1997 Lexus Electrical Wiring Manual?
Thanks.

Unlike the LC the LX does not have a separate woofer amp. The LX woofer connects to the main amp on S17 . Its a 6 pin connector with the middle pins 4 and 5 being Light Green/Black and Light Green/Red.
Ive heard that there may be an unused wiring harness in the LX right rear quarter (where the LC sub amp is). The LC sub amp appears to use the right rear door speaker as an input...these wires are Red and White.

Unlike the LC the LX does not have a separate woofer amp. The LX woofer connects to the main amp on S17 . Its a 6 pin connector with the middle pins 4 and 5 being Light Green/Black and Light Green/Red.
Ive heard that there may be an unused wiring harness in the LX right rear quarter (where the LC sub amp is). The LC sub amp appears to use the right rear door speaker as an input...these wires are Red and White.
Hi Retlaw, Thanks. This 6 pin connecter was attached to truck rear of the Radio. 5 wires One Grn/blk. No Grn/Red. Suggestions Sir?

0512201131_HDR.jpg

0512201131.jpg

The connector I referred to is on the amp not the radio. That said, my 1997 LX450 EWD shows two connectors on the radio and neither of them match the one you are holding. Did you know that there is an amp near the glove box?

The connector I referred to is on the amp not the radio. That said, my 1997 LX450 EWD shows two connectors on the radio and neither of them match the one you are holding. Did you know that there is an amp near the glove box?
Right. This one? This is the one in above photos.

0512201308_HDR_2.jpg

Please help! I'm not getting power to amp/radio? I’m installing a new RHU in my ‘96 LX450.

I've verified all fusible links work, used a voltmeter to verify all fuses & fuse boxes good, but still have NO POWER going to the amp/radio. I'm using the LX450 EWD. But still, I'm at a loss.

Quick note: it did work briefly once but I have not been able to get it back up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

**Edit after posting**
Fixed issue after realizing I needed a second Metra harness to bypass the amp & connected to the Scosche TA02B. All good!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom