LX450 - Some baselining and documentation before she heads to BaT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much did it sell for?
The first bidder backed out within a couple of hours. The second bidder purchased it for $26,500 once BaT finally got us connected. I went through all of it and boring detail in the video right above your post along with how much I paid for it and how much I spent on it on baselining.

cliff notes?
Bought for 19,950. With taxes about $21,200. Spent about $2,480 on parts for baselining. Bringing total to about $23,680. Spent around 35-40hrs on all the baselining, estimate around $3500 in labor if we were to count that. Bringing total to around $27,180. Auction high bidder was $28k. High bidder backed out within a couple hours. Took a week to get connected with the second highest bidder and he bought it for $26,500.

That's the cliff notes.

We need more owners like you. I’d buy from you. Not that 80 with 10 owners, a repaint, aftermarket radiator+hood/hatch struts, an accident, no factory lockers… but at a minimum I subscribed to your channel.

Curious though. Your heart is a set on a 40th yet you picked up a non-40 and a beater at that? Looking forward to more content on the refresh process. That’s a lot of elbow grease dude.

✌🏼

We need more owners like you. I’d buy from you. Not that 80 with 10 owners, a repaint, aftermarket radiator+hood/hatch struts, an accident, no factory lockers… but at a minimum I subscribed to your channel.

Curious though. Your heart is a set on a 40th yet you picked up a non-40 and a beater at that? Looking forward to more content on the refresh process. That’s a lot of elbow grease to come.

✌🏼
Thanks brother! My wife always tells me, the only lucky one in my transactions are the ones who buy my projects from me.

Ya, bought that most recent one to play with for a while. Going to restore it, play with it and take my two little boys on the trails a few times with it and probably sell it eventually to a lucky owner that will get a solid cruiser. But my lifetime keeper I'm still looking for is a 40th sage cruiser that I can restore and build to my liking.

Serious question. Details like this drive me crazy when they're slightly off.
There's a bolt that holds the arm, under the little snap on cover at the base of the arm. If you pop that bolt off the arm comes off and you can rotate it to any position you want. First thing I did when I purchased that truck was pull the front wipers and rear wiper off and reposition them to the correct place. Not sure how people get them put on so wrong over the years, it's such an easy thing to do right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom