LX450 - Some baselining and documentation before she heads to BaT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Feedback
You should learn to love the color.
A known vehicle has a greater value.
My wife is actually in love with the color. She hates the 40th anniversary sage color. But I've got my heart set on a silly goal, that makes no sense, that I gotta do to make my inner stubborn self happy.

Just added a compression test video as well. I think that along with all the extra photos I've taken the last week or two should cover everything that even the pickiest people like me would ask for. Let me know if you guys think of anything else!! The feedback has been very helpful!

So just watched the PCV valve replacement video and the oil catch can that was originally installed was just on the intake section of the system and not the PCV out that runs into the intake manifold, So that is why there was no oil or anything in it because it was just sucking in air, so if that was the previous owner the veracity of the mechanical repairs might be a little sus since they failed on the core functionality of the device. But really It is minor, and judging by the work seems like all was well done judging by the bracket and all the other shop work that was done. Only other think id say is maybe drain the distributors and T/C unless that was part of the other fluid flushes, but then you'd have all slidey bits covered with known good/new fluid

So just watched the PCV valve replacement video and the oil catch can that was originally installed was just on the intake section of the system and not the PCV out that runs into the intake manifold, So that is why there was no oil or anything in it because it was just sucking in air, so if that was the previous owner the veracity of the mechanical repairs might be a little sus since they failed on the core functionality of the device. But really It is minor, and judging by the work seems like all was well done judging by the bracket and all the other shop work that was done. Only other think id say is maybe drain the distributors and T/C unless that was part of the other fluid flushes, but then you'd have all slidey bits covered with known good/new fluid
Been a while since I have looked under a 1FZ valve cover. But if I remember correctly, both of those ports just lead directly under the valve cover. Main difference being that the larger port is a direct shot and the one towards the driver side with the PCV valve has the oneway PCV valve in place to allow air flow only a single direction. And the other end went to the nipple on the throttle body and should have plenty of vacuum to create suction and catch oil in the can if there was blow by. But I didn't investigate it thoroughly when removing the setup. I preferred to put it back to stock, especially since there was no oil in the can and no oil loss even over a very long trip to drive the truck home.

On the other fluids, that's a good point. I know the previous owner replaced the diff fluids, tcase, and trans fluid/filter, but definitely still worth a check. If I get time I'll check the fluids to see the condition and replace if they don't look brand new.

Been collecting as much history as I could about the vehicle from sources available and consolidating into a single spreadsheet. There's still a few things I need to add to the list, but overall here's what it looks like so far.

9/27/97Manufactured and shipped to dealerFrom carfax
10/1/97Install tow hitch. Lexus dealership10From Lexus records
10/1/97Install running boards. Lexus dealership10From Lexus records
11/1/971000 mile service. Check tires, belts, fluids, electrical, wiring, road test, lubricate chassis. Lexus dealership1303From Lexus records
12/15/97Titled to first owner10From carfax
1/1/98Check phone roaming. Reprogram. Lexus dealership3883From Lexus records
6/11/98Title or registration issued or renewedFrom carfax
10/1/98Grease all fittings. Check hinges. Hose condition. Tires front 7/32, rear 6/32. Oil/filter change. Check and tighten all bolts. Inspect and correct belt tension. Check vibration, balance tires. Wash. Inspect battery and terminals. Replace air filter. Replace windshield wipers. Inspect suspension. Remove and replace 1 shock. Lexus dealership.12976From Lexus records
2/1/99Inspect brakes, need to be replaced. Adjust rear seats. Grease all fittings, hinges, hose condition, wires. Check tires. Leak from oil filter, replaced oil filter. Phone cord adjusted. Oil/filter change. Correct belt tension. Clean battery terminals. Replace windshield wipers. Lexus dealership21195From Lexus records
5/11/00Passed emissions test36712From carfax
7/1/00Inspect brakes. AC too cold, trained client. Oil/filter change. Check wire and hoses. Flushed cooling system. Clean battery terminals. Replaced 6 spark plugs. Replaced and flushed brake fluid. Replace windshield wipers. Correct belt tension. Replace air filter. Replace transmission fluid. Replace differential fluids. Lexus dealership.38943From Lexus records
4/19/01Passed emissions test46221From carfax
1/11/02Title or registration issued or renewed53814From carfax
1/15/02Fix wires on trailer plug. Inspect ball joints, bolts, chassis, brake lines, pipes, hoses. Replaced rear brake pads and rotors. Oil/filter change. 4 wheel alignment. Replace air filter. Resurface front rotors. Replace front brake pads. Lexus dealership53985From Lexus records
2/1/02Crankshaft oil seal, remove and replace rear crankshaft seal (rear main seal). Replaced crank bolt. Lexus dealership.53998From Lexus records
10/1/02Replace antenna assembly. Replaced rear brake pads and rotors. Oil and filter change. Replace front brake pads and rotors. Check 4wd, hard to go into 4LO. Fixed. Lexus dealership60991From Lexus records
3/1/03Remove and replace starter. Lexus dealershiop64195From Lexus records
5/1/03Oil and filter change. Clean belts. Lexus dealership66038From Lexus records
5/6/03Vehicle serviced66038From carfax
10/3/03Title or registration issued or renewed67819From carfax
10/15/03Program 2 key fobs. Lexus dealership68976From Lexus records
3/4/04Passed emissions testFrom carfax
3/10/04Title or registration issued or renewed68065From carfax
4/4/05Passed emissions test78000From carfax
3/24/06Passed emissions test82000From carfax
12/1/06Service complete. Lexus dealership.84699From Lexus records
12/29/06Passed emissions test85019From carfax
3/27/07Title or registration issued or renewed85500From carfax
1/22/08Passed emissions test91000From carfax
12/31/08Passed emissions test93000From carfax
1/15/10Passed emissions test97000From carfax
5/10/10Passed emissions test99000From carfax
4/25/11Passed emissions test115000From carfax
5/18/12Passed emissions test135000From carfax
7/9/12Vehicle serviced at Roberts Toyota. Maintenance inspection. Oil and filter changed137286From carfax
5/31/13Passed emissions test153000From carfax
1/14/14Passed emissions test163000From carfax
12/22/14Passed emissions test167000From carfax
2/21/17Passed emissions test172000From carfax
2/12/18Passed emissions test176000From carfax
2018-2020Front axle, knuckles, birfields, and seals rebult170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Front shocks replaced with new OEM Toyota170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Rear shocks replaced with new OEM Toyota170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Valve cover gaskets170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New EGR sensors and components170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New radiator170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New engine fan clutch170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New throttle cable170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New PHH - Upgraded gates green stripe hoses170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New radiator and coolant hoses170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Breeze constant torque clamps for cooling system170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New heater control valve170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Complete new exhaust with cats170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New carpet for entire truck. With new sound deadening foam170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
All new leather custom built and installed by Roadwire170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New OEM Lexus seat foam170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New hood insulation170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Old Man Emu coil springs170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
EBC Brake upgrade170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Pioneer door speakers170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Replaced 4inch "sub" in console170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
All drivetrain fluids changed170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Replaced some of the hard brake lines170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New OEM Toyota extended brake lines170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
All new glass ordered from Toyota overseas. Third row sliding glass replaced with single piece Toyota glass.170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
All new window trim and gaskets170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New weatherstripping170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
New rain gutter trim170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
Full trim out and glass out professional repaint and restoration of entire vehicle170-180k milesFrom IH8MUD owner
4/11/19Passed emissions test177000From carfax
In 2020ARB Front BumperLast owner
9/9/21Vehlcle sold to me202433From carfax
In 2022New OEM Toyota Distributor cap, rotor, and oil seal203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota spark plug wires203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota Denso Iridium spark plugs203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toytoa PCV valve, grommet, and two hoses. With new OEM Toyota clamps203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toytoa Center differential lock switch installed203k milesCurrent owner "me"
Compression test, cold dry test, all cylinders between 175-180psi cold203k milesCurrent owner "me"
Set base ignition timing to factory 3 degrees203k milesCurrent owner "me"
Replaced radiator with a new one203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota heater control valve203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota drive belts. All 3 belts replaced203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New Duracell 27F high capacity automotive battery203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New hood gas struts203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New trunk hatch gas struts203k milesCurrent owner "me"
Power seat gears removed and replaced203k milesCurrent owner "me"
Oil and filter change203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota air filter203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota red coolant203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota thermostat and gaskets203k milesCurrent owner "me"
New OEM Toyota radiator cap203k milesCurrent owner "me"

when is the BAT listing going up?
They haven't given me a solid date yet. They have been keeping in touch though and asking for specific photo angles they like to use that I have been adding to the album:

when is the BAT listing going up?
If any of you guys are interested in the it possibly, drop me a message and we can chat. You can always call me or some see it as well.

I'm going to guess this goes for 20k. I personally would have kept it rather than sell for a 40th. But I really like the LX models personally. That's what I was looking for initially but I ended up compromising and got my 92 and that's what I got.
At 20k I would be taking a fairly big loss and would keep it. Im not against keeping it. Just wanted something different.

JMHO I think the big spenders are looking for low miles. with over 200k miles it will be interesting to see where it goes.

GLWS

JMHO I think the big spenders are looking for low miles. with over 200k miles it will be interesting to see where it goes.

GLWS
True. 6 more days. Curious to see where it ends up and the feedback it gets from the community

This one had 210k miles, went for 35k. I think 20k is really selling it short. A lot of people recognize the importance of good maintenance and would rather get a solid driver than a low mileage garage queen.

1644682366945.png

At 20k I would be taking a fairly big loss and would keep it. Im not against keeping it. Just wanted something different.
I hope you get what you want for it. I've been surprised by some of the prices this year. Maybe the prices are going up faster than I can keep up with. Sorry I shouldn't have said that.

I hope you get what you want for it. I've been surprised by some of the prices this year. Maybe the prices are going up faster than I can keep up with. Sorry I shouldn't have said that.
No worries bud. I love hearing about everyone's opinions and thoughts.

Last update on this thread. For those of you looking to buy an 80 series or sell an 80 series, this may be helpful. I broke down all the numbers in this video. What I spent to purchase the truck. How much I spent on parts for baselining. How much labor was involved. And exactly what it sold for.

I talk a lot on the video, so it's a bit boring to watch. Not entertaining, but full of good information. If you're in the market and this information is relevant to you, it might be useful to watch. Enjoy!

-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom