LX450 Seat Leathers Identification (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good evening. Any definitive way to identify what seat leathers were used on the driver’s seat of my '97 LX450? I've been sprucing the rig up over the last year for fun and would like to do the passenger seat and console (may sell soonish / may keep but want to do it regardless). Previous owner had the dealer do the driver's seat, they said. I'm wondering if that was long enough ago that a dealership could still get factory leathers? It looks fantastic and is nice and tight. I can pull the seat out easily enough and pull the leather back if anybody thinks there would be some identifying marks on it. If it was factory, best bet may be to take it to an auto upholstery shop to see if they can match it themselves, perhaps? Thanks for your input.

00C1193F-DAE0-4A97-9DCC-C86182C5A253.jpeg

That is a well-fitting cover. Original factory leather will be quite supple. The grain looks a bit coarse for factory leather. Any idea how long ago the job was done?

That is a well-fitting cover. Original factory leather will be quite supple. The grain looks a bit coarse for factory leather. Any idea how long ago the job was done?
No, I do not unfortunately BUT let me reach out to the previous owner... We've kept up here and there since I purchased this LX from him.

Dan, he thinks it would have been 2014/15.

That would likely be repro covers. Makes sense with the pebble grain texture. I remember the OEM leather being very smooth.

Okay, thanks! I will start my search for what looks to be a close match from vendors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom