LX450 restore with LS3 swap questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have not heard of them before. Do you have great experience w them?
I just follow his builds on here. Easy to see he’s a stand up person and knows both platforms well. (LS based engines & cruisers) He’s also a supporting vendor of this forum. There’s a few supporting vendors on here that can do it.

I just follow his builds on here. Easy to see he’s a stand up person and knows both platforms well. (LS based engines & cruisers) He’s also a supporting vendor of this forum. There’s a few supporting vendors on here that can do it.
I did some searches but could not find any of their builds. Can you send me a link/s? Thanks

I did some searches but could not find any of their builds. Can you send me a link/s? Thanks

Pacific Fab sells the harness/ECU for ~$1K. That's a good deal. They offer several options on the configuration that adds a few $$. Be sure to specify the 2WD trans. You remove the tail shaft and bolt up the adapter, which runs about $1,800 if I remember correctly.
Why 2WD tranny?

Hold the phone. For those in CA, apparently the state in its wisdom has changed its mind and no longer allows e-rod swaps in 80s? WTH... :bang:

Last edited:
Typically what is required for the adapter that marries the trans and Toyota t-case.
Didn't know that. Gotta be a way around it; TLC has done at least one full-time 4WD LS3/4L65E swap in an 80. Could be a total PITA to pull off though, I dunno...

Didn't know that. Gotta be a way around it; TLC has done at least one full-time 4WD LS3/4L65E swap in an 80. Could be a total PITA to pull off though, I dunno...
Using a 2wd donor trans doesn’t make the finished product a “part-time” 4wd truck. The t-case is completely left stock. Full time stays full time.

Using a 2wd donor trans doesn’t make the finished product a “part-time” 4wd truck. The t-case is completely left stock. Full time stays full time.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

You can use a 4WD trans but must swap in the 2WD output shaft. It is about the overall shaft length and how the adapter's spud shaft mates up with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom