LX450 rear wind deflector gaskets (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

After weeks of searching with no success, does anyone knows if there is a place, website or someone that sells the rear wind deflector gaskets for the LX450?

It has been so hard to find them that i think i might make those myself.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

They are not available from Toyota. The wind/dust deflector was a port installed option. Either way, you don't want them under the brackets anyways as that type of foam absorbs water like a sponge. That IMO keeps the area under the brackets moist after a rain leading to increase rust around the nutserts under
the brackets. I left that thin sheet of foam out when I remounted my wing so that area is open allowing that area to dry out.

Here's an old thread on the topic. Check out the photos showing
the rust then the last photo how it appears without the thin sheet
of foam. Been almost eight years since that repair and it's holding up well.

They are not available from Toyota. The wind/dust deflector was a port installed option. Either way, you don't want them under the brackets anyways as that type of foam absorbs water like a sponge. That IMO keeps the area under the brackets moist after a rain leading to increase rust around the nutserts under
the brackets. I left that thin sheet of foam out when I remounted my wing so that area is open allowing that area to dry out.

Here's an old thread on the topic. Check out the photos showing
the rust then the last photo how it appears without the thin sheet
of foam.

That is a great post about the rear wind deflector, thanks for sharing. Mine was fine until I had the idea to remove it so I could see if there was rust in there. To my surprise, there were big dents under each bracket but fortunately no rust....maybe due to car wash or some minor incident but nasty dents for sure.

Now that the gaskets are gone (I kept one as a template as well) and everything was put apart, i'm sure that water will sit inside the brackets and possibly be a problem in the future. The brackets were also flush with the body, not sure why but it looks like they were nicely installed or the truck wasn't much exposed to the elements

Either way, i'll take the time to dig into the post that you shared. Both versions of the LC/LX450 with and without the rear deflectors are nice looking vehicles but as mine came with it, i'm inclined to keep it. Another fix added to the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom