LX450 Head Gasket Kit - Which one? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone. My LX450 just turned 200K so I am having the valve stem seals replaced along with the head gasket while we are at it. Any recommendations for the head gasket kits as my local auto parts store can only get KP Gasket Kit and I wanted a name brand such as Felpro or Beck Arnley which I cannot seem to find anywhere. Thanks in advance for any suggestions on the best kit to buy! Berger

I'm not sure the manufacturer, but why not give Dan @ American Toyota a call & get the "good one" aka OEM?

Get the OEM Toyota head gasket. The head gasket is not one area you want to go aftermarket.

Pete

x3

Call Dan. He will take care of you. I just ordered mine from him for my LX. Mine just turned 140k.

Jon

x4. Call cdan or beno at American toyota. They are nice guys:beer: I ordered mine from them.

Yep OEM for that part, and frankly for the valve stem seals and all the other stuff that you'll need for the HG replacement. Dan knows all the parts your local people will not know about that need replacing. For instance, there are several O rings and seals that no aftermarket company will know about and your engine will go together with old seals because of it. Great prices, great service and once you've been here on Mud awhile you'll understand how wise it is to use American Toyota.

DougM

I'm going to rock the boat on this one. I do believe the OEM is a good one, but that doesn't mean the Felpro or Arnley isn't just as good. I've had good luck with Felpro HG's even in high horsepower engines. If you find one at a good price, don't hesitate. At the same time, Cdan can get you anything you need.

Thank you all for your input. I will call Dan today and get the OEM set ordered. Sound slike he will know what I need so I can get this taken care of. Definately do not want to do it twice and want to get this taken care of before I get my new leather interior from Shane in a couple of weeks. Have a great day and thanks again for the input! Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom