LX450 front diff lock actuator wiring pulled out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I must of snagged a root or something and the wiring loom is broken at the actuator leaving about 4 inches of wire sticking out. Does anyone know where the wiring loom leads to from the actuator?

6 pin connector, front right fender, kind of under the cruise control.

im not following at all. front right fender is the passenger side, and the cruise control is on the steering wheel on the left side. (geez, I hope I'm not reading this wrong and making myself look like a idiot)

I was referring to the CC actuator unit. It's under the hood, above the right wheel well. You'll find the connector for the diff lock harness running along the wheel well.

The wiring harness is discontinued btw. So you have to improvise.

That sub-harness is ~3’ long.
- It clips to the locker motor & runs to the next connection point on the engine-side of the firewall on the PS of the trans housing.

IDK about availability, but some butt splices & heatshrink tube sounds like your quick/cheap fix, then worry about scrounging a good new/used harness.

This is all in the Toyota EWD available for you to download in the resources section.
I have the EWD but it doesn't exactly have colored pictures with arrows of the locations.

I have the EWD but it doesn't exactly have colored pictures with arrows of the locations.
No. It has black and white pictures with arrows and locations. See page 36, connector Bb1 as referenced on page 152 FRONT/REAR DIFFERENTIAL LOCK.

1681739431304.png
1681739651656.png

6 pin connector, front right fender, kind of under the cruise control.
Happen to know where to get one by chance?? I broke mine, and would like to have a spare.

Happen to know where to get one by chance?? I broke mine, and would like to have a spare.
The plastic connector housing? You can get them from Toyota. Sorry, I don't have that part number handy right now.

90980-11290 (splices: 82998-12440)
I'm replacing a rear actuator plug. I used these part numbers posted by cdan in an old thread.
I didn't order the splices as they are $ 10 a piece. Another member suggested Ballenger motorsports. I think I found the right part including the wires for a third of the price of just the toyota plug housing. They haven't arrived yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom