Builds lx450 FJ80 Land Cruiser buggy build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did get to drive it up a local trail a few weekends ago, everything seams good to go, didn't have a window then, and at 55mph on the hwy i figured i better saw one out. Now just got to add some tunes and limit straps, and see what all she will do.

20210508_175936.jpg

SLICK NICKLE.
All this rig needs is taller tires & that's it.

i started one of these almost 2 years ago, sold it because my heart was not into making an 80 what i wanted to do, my problem was i already had a toyota PU that was a buggy so when i started this i did not have a clear plan like you have. Very cool cool cool

i started one of these almost 2 years ago, sold it because my heart was not into making an 80 what i wanted to do, my problem was i already had a toyota PU that was a buggy so when i started this i did not have a clear plan like you have. Very cool cool cool
So far the only main things I need to do this winter if figure out a reroute of the exhaust. Already mashed it almost flat. Would like to find a 105 downpipe, no luck so far. Then after that maybe a flat belly pan and removable roof.

how much more removabe of a roof? all you got is bars?

stock rear springs, 2" Dobinsons front, And Just some cheap Monroe Shocks I got from Summit racing. Figured the lengths I needed and got those. They have the best selection or search bar for extended, collapsed length etc.. Tried to keep it simple, and with no sway bars it still handles good going down the road.

I like this build because it’s simple and seems realistic for most of us who are on a quest to learn as we go and log some time on the welder.

The front fenders are appealing and something I’ve considered doing on my 80. Looks great!

i really love this. I have a parts rig with a stripped interior and some missing radius arms that i have been itching to do this to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom