LX450 climate control stuck in fresh air mode (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I push the recirc/fresh air button on my climate control nothing happens. The light won’t switch over to the other mode and the door doesn’t move. Plenty of threads that ended up being bad servos but I haven’t found one quite like this. Bad control unit maybe?

Are you trying to use defrost? I don't know about the LX, but my Scion won't do recirc if the ducts are set to defrost mode.

There's one of several things that could be going on. Could be a bad master control unit
(located above gas pedal), or one of several sensors quite possibly. I really haven't had any experience yet on diagnosis; I've just been converting from manual climate to auto and have done a deep dive into both wiring harnesses and differences. It looks like that button is probably controlled from the white plug [there's also a blue plug] behind the switch bank. If you were able to determine which wire from that white plug correlates with fresh/recirc, I can trace it for you to what it controls.

There's one of several things that could be going on. Could be a bad master control unit
(located above gas pedal), or one of several sensors quite possibly. I really haven't had any experience yet on diagnosis; I've just been converting from manual climate to auto and have done a deep dive into both wiring harnesses and differences. It looks like that button is probably controlled from the white plug [there's also a blue plug] behind the switch bank. If you were able to determine which wire from that white plug correlates with fresh/recirc, I can trace it for you to what it controls.
It’s kinda weird. Every now and then it’ll start working. It’s in recirc now. I’ll wait until summer to dig into it

A few threads on this recently.

:hmm:

Do you happen to have a leaky windshield gasket? If you wait till summer to look at it, your problem might have magically fixed itself by then.

:lol:

A few threads on this recently.

:hmm:

Do you happen to have a leaky windshield gasket? If you wait till summer to look at it, your problem might have magically fixed itself by then.

:lol:
I don’t think so. But my problem is more in the climate control electrics somewhere. Sometimes the button works. Sometimes it doesn’t. I do need a new w/s though

I don’t think so. But my problem is more in the climate control electrics somewhere. Sometimes the button works. Sometimes it doesn’t. I do need a new w/s though
Just asking. The two are often associated. In my case, the leaky windshield caused the A/C Amplifier (?) box to fill up with water and short everything out.

Just asking. The two are often associated. In my case, the leaky windshield caused the A/C Amplifier (?) box to fill up with water and short everything out.
Gotcha

No leaks that I have noted. Still on the original Toyota glass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom