Lx450 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, finally getting around to posting a build thread, I’m working on 2 right now 😱, I’ll start with the lx450. Picked this up a few years ago for cheep, the bolts to the steering arm stripped out in the knuckle so had to trailer it home. Replaced the knuckle, new studs, and went ahead and rebuilt the axle ends on both sides. The power steering pump looked like it was leaking and also had a whine so I installed a rebuilt one, but it still seems to make noise. Replaced the belts up front, PO did a phh bypass, and still trying to find a small leak in the ac. Added the eBay snorkel because hey, they just look cool 😎. I was trying to do a medium build with this rig, not to fancy, but go almost anywhere. Went with the icon 3” stage 1 lift because I had tryed OME on some other rigs and wanted to try something new. New longer brake lines, breather extensions, still need to press in the caster corection bushings. Led dome lights, cup holder (best mod!), then put some 33” coopers under it. Made a spair tire mount for the back, and going to make some rock sliders soon

06840F2D-CFA5-488E-A7B5-812A4DF214AB.jpeg

B8DDB701-7AEC-46F4-A5FB-EE82BF5F93A2.jpeg

CD94BF2B-3926-4E1C-8334-02730DA4AB03.jpeg

8831C560-C2F0-4344-8A66-EF5F403AEBCE.jpeg

0BB51D41-A0F0-4312-B3DC-A06CCD34AE73.jpeg

Nice, just picked one up, exactly the same. Gives me an idea of how things would look, thinking about a snorkel, not really for water but drive a lot of dusty roads and kinda like the look. What size exactly are the 33s?

Did the exact same lift on mine, but went through DELTA VS and used their radius arms.
Truck handles great. Defiantly more truckish and less soccer mom. F'N love it!

Love it...were like twin trucks!

They measure out about 31-1/2 32”
Thanks, was wondering about the width also, just the size on tire, i'm looking at the 255-85-16 tall skinnies, kinda looks like what you're running.
Love it...were like twin trucks!

Hopefully triplets when i'm done :) Great thread also.

Ha! That’s with the axle at full drop. I had to put a bottle jack on top and use a coil compressor to get the longer coils in.

Looking good! Man, that spare takes up a lot of room back there!

How are you liking the Icons?
Yeah and that’s just a 31”, but a 33”-12.5” doesn’t fit underneath anymore and if u don’t have a rear swing out or a roof rack then there’s no good place for it. So I built a mount to hold it secure on the inside . Like the Icons so far, had some OME 4” heavys on on my ‘92 but they were to stiff without an extra 500# in the back

Ha! That’s with the axle at full drop. I had to put a bottle jack on top and use a coil compressor to get the longer coils in.

That's because you put the shock in first.
If you'd put the spring in first then the shock, the springs drop right in. No need for a compressor.
The good news is now you know for sure the shock doesn't travel enough to drop the spring out of the seat.

That's because you put the shock in first.
If you'd put the spring in first then the shock, the springs drop right in. No need for a compressor.
The good news is now you know for sure the shock doesn't travel enough to drop the spring out of the seat.
No l had everything disconnected but the panhard and control arms and it still didn’t want to drop

F41C1E6A-50B6-4A45-BA43-E8A2EB532A32.jpeg

Did you loosen the pivot bolts on the radius arms, so the bushings weren't pinched?

Mine came with new ones. But I don't know why you couldn't reuse them, other than the FMS has them marked as Do Not Reuse.
Pro Tip, loosen the bolt head on the lower arm bolt not the nut, the nut has teeth that prevent it from turning. Thought I was going to give myself a hernia trying to loosen the nuts.

No l had everything disconnected but the panhard and control arms and it still didn’t want to drop

View attachment 2265198
I like to take one bolt out of the Panhard, when doing this. I have reused the control arm bolts with out issue.

My Corbeau seats came today so I installed them. I ordered their seat bracket to go with since it seemed a lot easier than fabing one. The old seats were pretty shot, Leather was ripped and most of the moter adjustments didn’t work any more. The seat bracket needed a little tlc to fit just right, but no drilling. They are the Baja XRS and seem to be about the same size as factory. It does feel like they sit about an inch closer to the door but not positive.

ABEEEF43-B5D0-4190-BCDD-63A88C6AB984.jpeg

5FDFDB6A-0040-4EC9-9DF2-B4FAD60B1A99.jpeg

FD3AB59D-38E3-4276-BFC6-0771C50375ED.jpeg

E612BEC6-9C4D-4945-BECD-0976A45379E1.jpeg

6169578D-1A68-479B-9329-C8C469E97E82.jpeg

All manual adjustments?
How is the head height? Same distance from where the seat meets the back to the ceiling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom