Builds LX450: Baja surf trip build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So @LandCruiserPhil can I just go buy 35s? I am running the 2.5 OME springs. I heard that would be bad for articulation but I'm not super into rock crawling. I just want to get to very remote spots in the sierras and blast around baja. Part of me wonders if the money would be better spent on an aux tank for more range in safety

I'm running 315/70/17 on old, worn out OME 2.5 springs (do they even wear out? I got them from a junkyard). I've done a little tiny bit of crawling with zero issues whatsoever. My rig is mostly dirt roads and around town and freeway visiting in-laws and friends. Works great, and I have yet to find a spot I won't take it.

Having FJ Cruiser steely wheels helps a little I think, they are set in just a tiny bit and are only 7.5" wide. A friend has 8.5" wide Methods that still tuck inside of his wheel wells though.

IMG_4246.jpg

Lot's happening with the truck but I haven't had time to post. I decided to go with a 4 inch lift and 315/75/16 K02's

I have ordered a set of the new @Delta VS radius arms and lanyard bracket. Probably will use SLEE four inch springs. I am working with @Shoredreamer on rehearing my Tcase with under drive gears and lower low range too. Should be rad but FU$#%*&@ expensive! Hopefully this is the last iteration of my suspension

I also finally finished up my Wit's end quarter panel mount build and installed a subwoofer under the passenger seat. Here is a link to that thread and a few pics. underseat sub build

IMG_3948 3.jpg

IMG_3945.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

Lot's happening with the truck but I haven't had time to post. I decided to go with a 4 inch lift and 315/75/16 K02's

I have ordered a set of the new @Delta VS radius arms and lanyard bracket. Probably will use SLEE four inch springs. I am working with @Shoredreamer on rehearing my Tcase with under drive gears and lower low range too. Should be rad but FU$#%*&@ expensive! Hopefully this is the last iteration of my suspension
Lanyard bracket?

Will you be the first Mud member to have the DVS radius arms? They sure are proud of them.

I don’t think so. I plan in meeting the s*** out of them. I guess we shall se how it goes. Right now I have caster bushings and almost zero caster

Will you be the first Mud member to have the DVS radius arms? They sure are proud of them.

Might be proud but are very affordable compared to the slee arms!!

I need to catch up on prices then because I remembered Slee being the cheapest after market option.

I look forward to seeing your install and review.

That's pretty good.. slee arms are 1129 + tax + shipping

Well maybe not tax if out of state

It has been a tough week. I came down with flu and strep, then Monday night a tweaker broke into my truck and stole tons of hunting and comms gear. Fortunately the FEDEX guy sensed my struggles and dropped these off today

Just received 4 inch radius arms from Delta. They look pretty rad. Excited to put all of this together. So far I got a DC shaft, T-case gears, new set of old wheels, and these arms from @Delta VS . Waiting on panhard bracket, springs, and adjustable upper arms from dobinsons. It's getting hard to hide all these parts around the garage :poof:

Delta radius arm.jpg

Last edited:
Those front arms are sweet! :bounce:

Get well dude, so I can come over and peep those arms!

My parents are in town so I was able to get them to watch my 6-month old! I tried to make the most of it, got two surf sessions in and finally finished my solar project. I have had these parts in my garage for over 6 months:bang:

I purchased this panel. A hard panel is more efficient and cheaper but that would add more height to my already ridiculous tent and require me to run my crossbars constantly. I ended up going with this panel from renogy Renogy 100 Watt 12 Volt Flexible Monocrystalline Solar Panel

Install looks a little getto but I'm quite pleased with the result. Only a cloudy December day with the tent closed the panel was putting out 2 amps. With the tent open it just to 3.5

Solar 1.jpg

I used this cool Victron smart mppt charger. It is bluetooth computable so you can change the settings and monitor the power output from your smart phone.

SmartSolar MPPT 75/10, 75/15, 100/15 & 100/20 - Victron Energy

The controller also uses this remote temp voltage sensor which supposedly helps the charger condition the batteries better. Smart Battery Sense - Victron Energy

Below is a photo of my quarter panel m mount from @NLXTACY with the solar controller wired up and another photo with the temp sensor installed. The temp sensor communicates with the controller via bluetooth.

Solar 2.jpg

Solar 3.jpg

Another Baja trip is in the works so I'm under the gun to get all these projects done before heading south. Need to rebuild my tcase and get my new lift on stat. I also am hoping to avoid the mistake I made last time and headed out the door without testing anything. Need a couple of Hollister trips to make sure LEX is good to go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom