LX450 antenna issue. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 LX450. Two years ago I replaced the antenna motor and mast and also made a cut on the circuit (found the idea on Mud) so that I could control the antenna mania with the internal switches. In the last few weeks the mast will retract and make a clunking noise as if I’m pushing the switch. This is annedoctal but it seems to happen in cold weather but works as built in warm weather. Anyone have an idea of how to trouble shoot this as opposed to just replacing the entire system?

Any help is appreciated.

Clay

My antenna also makes clunking noises. Either when its fully maxed out or fully inserted and i keep holding the switch. Obviously it isnt good. One time it did clunk alfway out and i had to play with it to get it to work again properly. There are no limit switches it seems and i believe it is either the gear stripping or someking of slipper clutch. The motor is directly controlled by the switches in the cab.
auto antenna.jpg

The motor is controlled by the current; when the antenna reaches its limit, the current rises and the motor stops. There is no clutch (at least none of mine ever had one).

You can open the gearcase and inspect the gear and toothed belt to determine what the problem is. You'll need to run a line from the headunit to the firewall, so that you can return the antenna lead once it's been removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom