LX450 Alignment (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all, New to the forum and looking for some help. I have a 96 Lexus LX450 where the right front wheel seems to stick out further then the left wheel. Also the bump stop on the left side appears to not line up at the bottom. The truck is not lifted and the panhard bar appears not to be bent. The truck was recently aligned and the tech stated the thrust angle is off -0.76 degrees which is hard to believe as the truck drives straight and does not pull to the left or right. Has anyone on this forum experienced this issue and it correctable? Attached are a few pictures.

88B8403F-6E09-46F7-8F15-3559C319F05D.jpeg

8CCBCEDF-710E-4BDA-81BB-E6FA426A2F64.jpeg

A31652BC-ECFF-4424-BB88-1EE0C712BA41.jpeg

I guess I'd be a little leery of what the tech said. It may very well be that what he told you is true, however you can only adjust toe-in/toe-out on these vehicles without specialized knowledge. My understanding is that caster/camber is difficult to adjust on these and probably beyond the ability of your average tech. Mine is presently getting new tires at Mavis Tire, and I'll be curious to see if they were able to do an alignment. Mind you, I only said to check it, not do an alignment. But they have to push services as part of their business/profit model.

When he said "off" did he say "off" in relation to the other side, or the place he thinks it's supposed to be in? Is this guy a general tech, or does he work on 80s?

I can't see the difference in the tires, but that may just be the photo angle. The bump stop has been bent. Look over the top of the front tire and see if you can tell if it's bent there.

We need the full glamour shot, if your posting for the first time. (and a little info in your sig line doesn't hurt, either: year, mods, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom