LX Trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A quick search did not quite yield the answer I am looking for.

For those that have removed the LX trim, can you tell my if any of the trim is secured by VHT tape (or similar) in addition to the 2 million fasteners? My daughter wants me to Raptor line her trim and I am trying to get a feel for what I am getting into before I start.

I think its all screws and clips. The FMS makes no mention of tapes or other adhesives for the trim.

All of them that I have taken apart have had broken plastic and PO's have attempted to use VHT to hold them on where the plastic was broken removing them.

Can anyone comment on need for VHT when reinstalling?

FYI - The FSM actually shows VHB being used on the installation.

F76E2D67-1528-415D-8054-3161CDC5EEBD.jpeg

2065FAAE-B428-4D4D-A09A-30D37A002C82.jpeg

I was told by Line-X that they would have to completely encase the trim with the Line-X so it would stick to itself. I de-flared so I have no idea if it would or wouldn't but that is what I was told.

hmmm...does anyone know if U-Pol Raptor liner will stick to the LX trim?

I have heard the same about Line-X. U-Pol Raptor is Poly-Urethane and I believe may be closer to paint than it is something like Line-X.

Guess I have some googling to do or test an old flare.

Got to admit I'm a little mystified, my LX 450 FMS has zero mention of the trim at all.
I must have a non official copy, it doesn't have the "1997 Lexus LX 450 (RM515U) code on the bottom of the pages.
Curiouser and curiouser

I have both the two volume hardcopy of the RM515U and a PDF version. Only the PDF version has the RM515U code on the bottom of the pages.

They both cover the molding/trim though. In the hardcopy version I have, it is covered in the body section (BO) on pages BO37-BO44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom