LX slider window question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,

I'm pretty sure I've lined up a deal on a 97 LX, I should have it in about two weeks.

From what I've read, I understand that the driver's side rear sliding window does not slide on the 96-97 LX's due to a cell antenna right?
My question is, is there a way of making this window a sliding window? Or is the only way of doing so is replacing the entire window with a LC window?

I'd like to be able to open both rear windows for my dogs.

I just got a 96 LX with a built-in factory piece of crapola Lexus phone. The drivers side rear window has an inside mounted antenna on the glass. The window DOES slide open just like the other side.

The windo slides open. The difference is on the 80 both of the side (2 per side) windows slide open. On the Lexus, one on the drivers side slides open.

Ther is a link in the FAQ at the top about LX deltas

Thanks Romer, now I understand. Only one of the sliders on the driver's side 'slides' open.

When I read that the drivers side slider was fixed on LX's, I somehow pictured the whole window assembly being fixed.

emr88 said:
Thanks Romer, now I understand. Only one of the sliders on the driver's side 'slides' open.

When I read that the drivers side slider was fixed on LX's, I somehow pictured the whole window assembly being fixed.
Just the rear half of the window on the U.S. driver's side is fixed.

I've personally seen only 1 (but I'm sure there are others) U.S. market 80 series with both rear windows solid -- i.e. non-slider. The rear windows were sliders only if it was originally sold with the 3rd row seating package.

I've seen non-US market 80s with solid rear windows, but those were all from Venezuela :)

My UK spec has solid rear windows. It's a basic GS spec, and sits below GX and VX in this country. No third row of seats and no sliding rear windows (and no children or dogs either).

To have both panes movable in an LX450 would require a new frame and rear glass pane along all the latching hardware for that pane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom