LX slider window question

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by emr88, Aug 14, 2005.

1. emr88

emr88

Hello all,

I'm pretty sure I've lined up a deal on a 97 LX, I should have it in about two weeks.

From what I've read, I understand that the driver's side rear sliding window does not slide on the 96-97 LX's due to a cell antenna right?
    My question is, is there a way of making this window a sliding window? Or is the only way of doing so is replacing the entire window with a LC window?

I'd like to be able to open both rear windows for my dogs.

2. skywalkerguy

skywalkerguy

I just got a 96 LX with a built-in factory piece of crapola Lexus phone. The drivers side rear window has an inside mounted antenna on the glass. The window DOES slide open just like the other side.

3. Romer

Romer fatherofdaughterofromer Moderator

The windo slides open. The difference is on the 80 both of the side (2 per side) windows slide open. On the Lexus, one on the drivers side slides open.

Ther is a link in the FAQ at the top about LX deltas

4. emr88

emr88

Thanks Romer, now I understand. Only one of the sliders on the driver's side 'slides' open.

When I read that the drivers side slider was fixed on LX's, I somehow pictured the whole window assembly being fixed.

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

Just the rear half of the window on the U.S. driver's side is fixed.

I've personally seen only 1 (but I'm sure there are others) U.S. market 80 series with both rear windows solid -- i.e. non-slider. The rear windows were sliders only if it was originally sold with the 3rd row seating package.

I've seen non-US market 80s with solid rear windows, but those were all from Venezuela :)

6. TLC42TD

TLC42TD

My UK spec has solid rear windows. It's a basic GS spec, and sits below GX and VX in this country. No third row of seats and no sliding rear windows (and no children or dogs either).

7. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    To have both panes movable in an LX450 would require a new frame and rear glass pane along all the latching hardware for that pane.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.