LX Rear hatch sag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was going to ask if anyone knew of anyway to get the rear hatch on my 14 LX to raise to the top. The thing had to be about 4" to low. Had a few minutes to look first, and taking a quick look at it there is a bracket on one side that controls the hatch. Follow the bracket into the interior through the rubber and there are gears that are doing the work. I sprayed a little bit of white lithium grease using the straw directly to the gearing and .... Bob's your uncle. :bucktooth:

You need new support struts. OEM or I have had good luck with WAS(WISCONSIN AUTO SUPPLY) ones on amazon etc at a fraction of the cost.

Crazy expensive for OEM? It's relative to the product you're getting. I went with the non-oem struts for my 80 and had to replace them every 2.5 years.

My original LX570 OEM struts lasted 9 years. Replaced with OEM struts for $115.

Install the new struts to the upper hatch first, then to the frame. Don't ask me how I know that.

No mine is a 14 I don't need new struts yet :bang:

Yea you do

giphy.gif

Yes he does...

I did these my my 08 LC, about a year later they are still fine. OEM struts were crazy expensive.

Two Rear Hatch Gas Charged Lift... Amazon product ASIN B01GOYR2F6

make sure to order the ones for the "Powered Door" for the LX, the ones linked are for the normal LC door. LX door is heavier due to motors etc for the power open/shut.

Crazy expensive for OEM? It's relative to the product you're getting. I went with the non-oem struts for my 80 and had to replace them every 2.5 years.

My original LX570 OEM struts lasted 9 years. Replaced with OEM struts for $115.

Install the new struts to the upper hatch first, then to the frame. Don't ask me how I know that.

$115 for OEM is not that bad actually and I would probably go that route vs. the $40 for after market. I recall them being more a few years back or I may have just gotten a bad quote back then.

I had to replace mine. It was a 2009 and had already been done once.

I swear the whole hatched moved to the top after greasing those gears up. I'll keep an eye on it.
I need to replace tires, battery, starter, ........all the fluids...... I'm just one man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom