Wanted LX/LC 80 side mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a driver side mirror base in black
image.jpg

Has it been discussed whether the same year 4runner mirror base is the same? If it is, I have one you can have for just the shipping cost.

Hey thanks for the reply I don’t know if it’s the same part you’re talking about the 3rd Gen 4Runner correct? I know I can get a replacement online but I don’t think they’re metal like factory ones I wanna say plastic.
Has it been discussed whether the same year 4runner mirror base is the same? If it is, I have one you can have for just the shipping cost.

I think 3rd Gen is correct, I'm not well versed in 4runners. There was an old 80 series thread regarding some of the internal mirror parts being able to swap between the 2 platforms. It's that outer "triangle" that would be the biggest issue. Leaky if wrong size.

Rather than keep speculating, I went down and looked: "triangle" part is very wrong, and bolt holes do not share the same pattern. Oh well.

Rather than keep speculating, I went down and looked: "triangle" part is very wrong, and bolt holes do not share the same pattern. Oh well.
Darn! Welp thank you for your time! Wish they were interchangeable.

Not sure if you’re replacing it for any other damage not pictured, but you can use the Wits-End floppy mirror fix with what you have. I have done this twice now with 2 different cruisers and it works great.

Not sure if you’re replacing it for any other damage not pictured, but you can use the Wits-End floppy mirror fix with what you have. I have done this twice now with 2 different cruisers and it works great.

The shaky mirror isn’t the problem it’s the spring retainer that locks the actual mirror in place

Manny my apologies that is the part im looking for!! Thank you.

Glad to help, and just as added info. If the plastic internal parts break and you do have the shaky mirror. There’s another member on here who 3D prints parts to fix it.

clarification question:

Does this part solve the issue of the entire mirror assembly closing into the car itself? or is this to prevent the mirror from moving within the housing?

thank you!

I’ve used several of Rockauto’s replacement……..no issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom