LX Interior Trim ... really can't be worth this (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

YoYoHo

BJZ43 for Me !
SILVER Star
Threads
Was looking for some parts and came across a listing for rear LX trim, surely this guy has to be on some good drugs, looking at his other listings he certainly likes big numbers

Would anyone ever pay that sort of $$$$$ seems insane ?

Was looking for some parts and came across a listing for rear LX trim, surely this guy has to be on some good drugs, looking at his other listings he certainly likes big numbers

Would anyone ever pay that sort of $$$$$ seems insane ?

hey brad ,

IMO , that trim kit is in ( A- ) Condition ,

sure the seller covered it with a THICK Layer or Armor-ALL to make it look all Young and NOS'ish

is Obvious too to be Objective and fair .. 🤔

i happen to know the seller a bit from in" the distant past " , and he is one Greedy Mo Fo , !

and NOT in Good Way either , so i should disclose that too .....

But if i Ever saw a set like that for a BJ43L , & if even such a thing exists , i would be drooling right now

and quickly applying for another Pay Pal Working Capital Small Business Loan as we speak ........

but ,

thats all also , because achieving and obtaining late Model , NON-USA Zen Updates & Options is My

thing also , and what passions my soul in the shop late into the night .........

i bet @FJ40GURU has some solid input to add here maybe ? 😃

If he can get $3k for that I will sell a few of my sets in a blink of an eye, although mine are out of BJ46's and I will have to have a look now as I didn't think they were the same as BJ42's

I have both sets for 46 and 42 in excellent original condition.
Those sets mentioned by Brad has been restored to top quality though and the price should reflect the amount of time that was put towards them like any other top quality restoration.

BJ42:

4A12D4C8-DBD6-42D0-90B4-F73899525584.jpeg

If you go to his ebay listings and see what sold, he does get good money for restored items. It is supply/demand and for someone restoring and if they need this, they will probably pay up for the parts.

So he is showing BJ46 ones not BJ42 ones as they have the arm rest

If installing this in a US model FJ40 besides the roll bar interfering with the panels these are make to fit 1/76-9/77 hard top side with the bracket for the three point seat belts. Would be tempting if have the few other brown interior parts mainly the floor mats and rear bench seat.

They won't fit in a 40 and u are missing all the other parts he dont have like brackets etc.

I do have full set of brackets too that attached these trims to the panels. Other brackets that LX has are the ones which are stud welded to the body. You might get away without these I reckon. See attached.

17151537-14D1-4A11-80F8-CB5EDCB3A16A.jpeg

A bet reproduction sets would sell...

The funny thing is back in the day we pulled them out cause they were plastic junk in our tough cruisers, same with inner roof trim it caught water and made it rust. Ahhhh if we had of known then what people would pay lol

The funny thing is back in the day we pulled them out cause they were plastic junk in our tough cruisers, same with inner roof trim it caught water and made it rust. Ahhhh if we had of known then what people would pay lol
Out of curiosity, how many LXs got imported to US?

Out of curiosity, how many LXs got imported to US?
I have had 27 different ones and currently have three MCM's which are what people are calling LX but where not badged or sold as LX. But .... all mine have been RHD and 24 of them were Aussie

FJ40's are now in the same vintage as any older , high quality , vehicle. Parts and vehicles will continue to more valuable.

FJ40's are now in the same vintage as any older , high quality , vehicle. Parts and vehicles will continue to more valuable.
And my wife said my obsession would never amount to anything :)

20191112_220420.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom